NYC-Mayor: Bob Kerrey for Mayor of NYC???

<< < (2/3) > >>

Erc:
Quote from: Senator Sam Spade on April 17, 2005, 10:31:08 PM

In New York, whether you're actually a long-time resident of the place or not seems to play very little in the voting habits of its residents.

How unfortunately true.  But if you're going to get elected in New York City, you need to at least understand the city somewhat...which I don't think Bob Kerrey (D-NE) has any claim to.

phk:
Quote from: Notre Dame rules! on April 17, 2005, 09:33:22 PM

Can just anybody run for election in NY?  How long has Kerrey been a resident of NYC,  or is that even a requirement?

Hell, Hillary only became a resident just prior to the cut-off for registering to vote.

He's president of a university there.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└:
Quote from: Marxism-Leninism-Maoism on April 18, 2005, 07:41:59 PM

Quote from: Notre Dame rules! on April 17, 2005, 09:33:22 PM

Can just anybody run for election in NY?  How long has Kerrey been a resident of NYC,  or is that even a requirement?

Hell, Hillary only became a resident just prior to the cut-off for registering to vote.

He's president of a university there.

So he's not even a carpetbagger? Then, what's the big deal? In recent history, NY has elected 3 carpetbaggers to the same Senate seat (1964, 1970, 2000).

Lincoln Republican:
I didn't care for Bob Kerrey as a Senator.

I didn't care for Bob Kerrey as a candidate for the Democratic Presidential nomination.

Nothing personal against him as a person, I just didn't care for his political musings.   

His chances of becoming Mayor of NYC?  "0".

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better:
In a Kerrey vs. Bloomberg race, I would have to reluctantly support Bloomberg. At least he hasn't massacred innocent civilians.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page