2014 national exit poll on 2016 candidates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:21:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  2014 national exit poll on 2016 candidates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2014 national exit poll on 2016 candidates  (Read 3161 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 02:31:33 PM »

If the 2016 electorate looks like that of 2014, then the Democrats have no chance of even winning a Senate majority, let alone electing their Presidential nominee. The Democratic Party will have shown itself incapable of going beyond 47% support even in a good year, which means that the Koch family might as well ask the regent that they support step down and turn the White House into a royal palace.

It won't, so who cares? Presidential elections aren't 36% turnout affairs.

I certainly hope that you are right.

In a scenario where only 36% of registered voters vote in 2016, the outcome of those elections will be the least of our problems.

The least of our problems would be whether we have a nominal republic under a Medici-style dynasty or a full-blown absolute monarchy. The only thing good about the Koch family is that they are great patrons of the arts.

I see nothing in their libertarian ideology contrary to turning people in economic distress into debt-bonded serfs lest those in distress die of hunger.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2014, 06:17:26 AM »

If the 2016 electorate looks like that of 2014, then the Democrats have no chance of even winning a Senate majority, let alone electing their Presidential nominee. The Democratic Party will have shown itself incapable of going beyond 47% support even in a good year, which means that the Koch family might as well ask the regent that they support step down and turn the White House into a royal palace.

In a scenario where only 36% of registered voters vote in 2016, the outcome of those elections will be the least of our problems.

The least of our problems would be whether we have a nominal republic under a Medici-style dynasty or a full-blown absolute monarchy. The only thing good about the Koch family is that they are great patrons of the arts, for which the Medici family was well known -- a couple centuries after they lost power.

I see nothing in their libertarian ideology contrary to turning people in economic distress into debt-bonded serfs lest those in distress die of hunger.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 04:36:44 PM »

The least of our problems would be whether we have a nominal republic under a Medici-style dynasty or a full-blown absolute monarchy. The only thing good about the Koch family is that they are great patrons of the arts, for which the Medici family was well known -- a couple centuries after they lost power.

Where do we go as a country from there? 
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2014, 11:01:34 PM »

Where do we go as a country from there? 

At best, the inverse of what America was a century ago - the sort of place that people want to leave. Unfortunately for Americans around 2030 there will be no country to attract undereducated people with few skills as America was before World War I.

For Americans with some cognitive ability but no connection to the Master Class America would be  the sort of place where Americans learn foreign languages with an eye to getting jobs in the tourist industry so that they might seduce a foreigner and get a better life.

The worst -- an Evil Empire -- maybe Imperial Russia with nukes.   
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies