God, Gold, and Glory: Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:37:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  God, Gold, and Glory: Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: God, Gold, and Glory: Game Thread  (Read 14400 times)
Dereich
YaBB God

« on: November 24, 2014, 11:37:05 PM »

Mary De Guise, Queen Regent of Scotland

There can be no accommodation with the heretics! Loyal forces will find and arrest John Knox for his agitation against the legitimate Church and government. Knox should be taken alive unless he chooses to resist. The clergy must redouble their efforts to stop this falsehood from spreading while it is still in its infancy.

France has been Scotland's friend and protector for centuries, is my own birthplace, and is the land of the Queen's husband: we must accept our friend's help, especially when the rebel lords are so blatantly being aided by the bastard queen of England. The combined Scottish and French forces will be led by my brother, the Duke of Guise. However, all military actions involving French forces will also include a Scottish component, supervised by a Scottish lord. There is no need to cause unnecessary unrest among the populace by making our holy struggle appear to be a foreign takeover. In addition to French aid, we call on Catholics of any country to aid us in our fight against heresy.

When reinforcements arrive small scale military operations shall begin against lesser rebel lords in areas outside of and around their strongholds. Those commanding should avoid large-scale battle with the rebels. The majority of forces must be kept on constant vigil against English incursions.

As for my daughter I put my full faith in her mother-in-law Catherine de' Medici, to properly act in the royal couple's interests. I will not go over her head on the issue of consummation.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 02:45:25 AM »

Mary De Guise, Queen Regent of Scotland

John Knox is the source of the Protestant surge and has frequently preached against the rule of my daughter and myself because of our sex; to ensure his capture Stirling will be our primary target.

Scotland has few resources; firm footholds in the New World would make a fitting dowry for my daughter's union. Explorers will be dispatched to areas far north of Spanish and French colonies in Canada to find suitable spots to establish a colony and to search for a possible Northwest Passage to link us with the riches of the Indies.

The civil conflict continues to rage on; now is not the time for drastic action. The question of how the Protestants will be dealt with (and they will be dealt with) is put on hold until the rebels have surrendered. For now, keeping a watchful eye on Protestants and heavily punishing those who proselytize is enough.

We wish Godspeed for all good Catholics who are fighting the good fight against the Turks and wish them the best in their holy struggle.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 08:41:26 PM »

Sorry for my lateness; its law school exam week.

Mary de Guise, Queen Regent of Scotland

Like the fate of the subjugated Protestants, Knox's punishment will be settled once the rebels have been forced from the field. He will be kept under constant armed guard, with his life forfeit should he attempt escape or rescue.

We will allow small numbers of Protestants to travel to Nova Scotia. Before being granted permission to leave these Protestants must swear an oath of loyalty to my daughter the Queen and to my regency. In addition, they must find a Catholic counterpart to go with them so that the colony continues to have a Catholic majority.

We must not let these rebels continue to poison the minds of the good Scottish peasants! My brother's army will move north at an appropriate pace for winter and engage the rebels at his discretion, when or if he feels the situation to be militarily advantageous.

We recognize the right of the Prince of Orange to do with his land as he pleases. Though we cannot condone the promotion of heresy that he and his wife continue to allow, the same could be said of the Spanish "Edict of Toleration." It is our hope that this new influx of Catholics will remind the lost Englishmen of their true moral obligations.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies