God, Gold, and Glory: Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:41:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  God, Gold, and Glory: Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: God, Gold, and Glory: Game Thread  (Read 14398 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« on: November 22, 2014, 06:38:34 PM »
« edited: November 22, 2014, 06:42:28 PM by Snowstalker »

The Ottoman Empire, January-June 1560

My years as Sultan have seen a vast expansion of the Caliphate. Though the Hapsburgs remain a threat, the Sublime Porte is still protected through its control of the heart of Europe, the great Danube River. To delegitimize the Austrian claim to the Magyar lands, we shall establish the Principality of Buda, stretching from the northern shore of the Danube north and west to the border with Hapsburg Austria, as another Christian vassal to subdue the Hungarians to our side.

Our vast expansion also means that we run the risk of overstretching, as many great conquerors of the past learned the hard way. We shall focus on civilizing the current imperial holdings, offering schooling to all boys and building more roads to connect every part of the empire to Constantinople--while all these schools will teach Islamic principles in addition to teaching science and history, we will for now not implement any tax on non-Muslims so as to maintain internal stability. Our primary military buildup shall be our navy, to counter the great Spanish Fleet which may well attack us soon. To counter the massive Spanish ships, the reformed Ottoman Navy shall consist of smaller but swifter vessels to protect our great transport ships.

Our only point of territorial expansion for the next few years shall be to exert our influence over Tripoli and Tunis and render them either vassals or outright components of the empire. This too will counter Spanish power in the Mediterranean and give us a better vantage point to strike at Malta, Sicily, or Sardinia if Madrid so chooses to take us on. I will also commission an expedition into the uncivilized Circassian regions of the Caucasus Mountains to both establish full control of the Black Sea and the Caucasus mountains (a strong defensive position if the Russians choose to strike us).

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 02:20:43 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2014, 02:35:31 PM by Snowstalker »

In response to the treacherous aggression of the Hapsburg Crowns, the Ottoman Empire is left with no choice but to declare a state of war against the Kingdom of Spain and the Holy Roman Empire.

- Suleiman I, Caliph of Islam, Amir al-Mu'minin, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 03:53:54 PM »

The Sublime Porte demands Russia's immediate withdrawal from the territories of our faithful ally, the Crimean Khanate. Failure to do so within six months will result in a declaration of war from the Sublime Porte.

- Suleiman I, Caliph of Islam, Amir al-Mu'minin, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 09:13:31 PM »

I am not the young man I once was, and my status as leader of our great empire is too important to risk losing by personally leading our armies to fight the Austrians and the Spanish. My generals shall handle the situation on the ground, though I will assist them in outlining a grand strategy for holding back the Hapsburg menace (OOC: so yeah, everything else is coming via PM)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 03:25:11 PM »

I have reached the conclusion that, to prevent internal conflict which our enemies could well take advantage of, that my son Selim become Sultan after my death. I ask only that my other sons respect this decision and, when my end comes, to faithfully serve the Sublime Porte.

(OOC: other decisions would involve divulging military secrets and have been sent via PM)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 03:34:38 PM »

*ahem*
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length