God, Gold, and Glory: Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:44:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  God, Gold, and Glory: Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: God, Gold, and Glory: Game Thread  (Read 14495 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 22, 2014, 01:44:00 PM »

The Tsardom of Russia

1. Regarding the question of serfdom, let it be known that any peasants residing upon lands owned by the nobility shall be deemed the property of the landowner.  However, the health, care, housing, and protection of a serf shall be the responsibility of the noble or nobles upon whose property the serf resides.  If it can be conclusively demonstrated that any man has deliberately failed to adequately provide for the needs of his serfs or that he has murdered, mutilated, or otherwise abused them, he shall be swiftly and harshly punished to the fullest extent of the law.   Furthermore, peasants and other members of the lower classes shall be given certain options should they wish to recieve freedom papers from the state which will grant them freedom from serfdom along with their families.  This shall include the following:

I. If any able-bodied male serf enters the Russian military and it is determined that he has served the Tzardom honorably in that capacity for a consecutive period of no less than ten years, that serf shall have earned freedom papers for himself, his wife, and his children.  Should his ten years of service be completed during wartime, he and his family shall not receive his papers unless he continues to serve until the war's end.

II. If any noble lacks the means or ability to continue to provide for the care of his serfs, he may either sell them, negotiate residential taxation agreements as described in III, simply grant them their freedom papers, or some combination of the above.  Regardless of which option he choses, however, he may not continue to count them as his property if he lacks the mean to provide for their care.

III. A serf may, if the landowner upon whose property he grants his consent, opt to obtain class-B freedom papers for himself and/or his wife and children by paying a residential tax to the landowner upon whose property he resides.  If he is too poor to pay the residential tax, he may instead pay it in his trade or by performing some other function or service for the landowner.  A residential taxation agreement will only be deemed valid if the landowner provides his written consent for the residential taxation agreement.  Should a serf who has obtained his and/or his family's freedom papers in this manner eventually find himself unable to pay or provide what he promised in the residential taxation papers, the agreement as well as both his and his family's freedom papers shall be rendered null and void.  Should this happy, he and his family shall once again become the property of the land-owner. 

IV. A noble may provide any of his serfs with their freedom papers to reward their service, should he find himself inclined to do so.

All peasants residing on lands owned by the nobility who have not earned freedom papers in one of the manners described above shall be considered the property of the nobles upon whose land they reside.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 03:37:47 PM »

OOC: I see that once again dice rolls (I assume that's how battle outcomes are decided, no? ) will be the bane of my existence Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 03:45:29 PM »

OOC: I see that once again dice rolls (I assume that's how battle outcomes are decided, no? ) will be the bane of my existence Tongue

Yes, it is dice rolls in accordance with a random number generator. Wink

They can cause some interesting results.

Interesting, I can live with, I just wish they'd be interesting in my favor for once Tongue  I think I had one favorable dice roll in the entire GoT game, IIRC.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 04:08:28 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2014, 04:15:13 PM by Cardinal and IDS Legislator X, Tzar of Russia »

Yes, it is dice rolls in accordance with a random number generator. Wink

They can cause some interesting results.

Interesting, I can live with, I just wish they'd be interesting in my favor for once Tongue  I think I had one favorable dice roll in the entire GoT game, IIRC.

Look at Siberia Wink

I did and was quite pleased!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 01:13:46 PM »

The Tsardom of Russia

As Tzar of Russia, it is my duty to protect the Russian people from all who would do us harm.  The Khan of Sibir has recently threatened war should Russians continue to settle lands that justly belong to this Tzardom and continue our expansion to the shores of the Pacific.  This so-called Khan shall soon discover that Russia does not cower in fear of threats from him or any other man.  Let it be known that not only shall we continue our eastward expansion, but that he will face the full wrath of the Russian Tzardom should he attempt to harm a single settler.  The journey to the Pacific shall continue with or without the Khan's cooperation!  The death of a single Russian settler or native who has converted to the Orthodoxy shall be treated as an act of war!

Just as a Tzar must protect the Russian people, so to must he defend Russia against outside enemies and protect the lands falling within the true boundaries of the Russian Tzardom.  The lands known as the Crimean Khanate are among those which can be rightfully considered a part of the Russian Tzardom despite their occupation by external foes.  In light of this fact, I issue this declaration of war upon the Crimean Khanate.  Furthermore, the Ottoman Empire has threatened war against the Tzardom unless we withdraw from the Khanate of Crimea.  However, the Ottomans already shown that war was always their aim with their aggression in the Caucuses.  If it is war they want, I shall oblige them.  I hereby issue this declaration of war upon the Ottoman Empire until such time as it renounces all claims to the lands within the Crimean Peninsula, allows Russian trade ships to pass unmolested through the Dardanelles and other waters under its control within the European continent, and withdraws its support for the Khan of Crimea.

Tzar Ivan IV Vasilyevich,
Tzar of All the Russias
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 01:49:02 PM »

Think I'm gonna have to drop for a little bit (considering finals are in two weeks and I'm basically running on Vicodin and antibiotics right now). Will probably be back later.

Sorry to see you go!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 01:55:07 PM »

Does this mean Poland is open again?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star