God, Gold, and Glory: Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:53:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  God, Gold, and Glory: Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: God, Gold, and Glory: Game Thread  (Read 14476 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« on: November 22, 2014, 04:51:00 PM »

It should be known Phillip has been married, happily, to Elisabeth de Valois for a year Wink

I'd also like to remind players that for any diplomacy, wars, alliances, and actions towards unplayed nations to contact me, as I am in charge of all of them.

I'm sure that I can persuade the Pope to allow bigamy Wink . That part removed.

I deleted my response as well.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 07:55:25 PM »

Interesting, I'm really looking forward to the next turn!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 11:35:36 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2014, 11:58:55 AM by DKrolGa »

England: July 1560 - December 1560

Events

-- March 3, 1560: Queen Elizabeth and Dutch Nobleman William, Prince of Orange were married at Westminster Abbey. The service was performed by Matthew Parker, Archbishop of Canterbury, a long time friend and confident of Elizabeth. At William’s behest, a Roman Catholic service was performed in Richmond Palace by Adam Loftus, Archbishop of Armagh. William was proclaimed King of England, France and Ireland to the public, before the two withdrew to consummate their marriage.

-- August-October, 1560: Queen Elizabeth and King William III tour the English countryside and sure-up the support of local lords. The pair make stops in Oxford, Ipswich, Nottingham, Leeds, York, Carlisle, Liverpool, and Cardiff before returning to London.

Royal Decrees

-- We, Elizabeth and William, by the Grace of God, King and Queen of England, France and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, etc., do decree that an Army is to be raised for the purpose of defending our sovereign land from a Scottish Invasion. This Army, under the command of Lord William Howard, 1st Baron Howard of Effingham, shall station itself along our Scottish border and protect the English Realm from any and all advances.

--  We, Elizabeth and William, by the Grace of God, King and Queen of England, France and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, etc., do decree that 3 galleons are to be built at Deptford and added to the Royal Navy for the purpose of protecting the English realm from any activity across the channel.

--  We, Elizabeth and William, by the Grace of God, King and Queen of England, France and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, etc., do decree that Lord High Admiral, The Lord Clinton shall offer £20,000 to any sailor who wishes to travel to the New World and claim territories for the English crown. Should the sailor return with proof of his claim, he shall be granted a knighthood of a new Chivalric Order, the Most Noble Order of St. Alban, the title of “Lord Commander of the Seas”, and an annual stipend from the Crown for his services.

Policy Decisions

-- On the Dutch Question: It is the opinion of my government that English control over the lands of  Utrecht, Holland, and Zeeland would be a fair bargain for everyone. The Dutch would receive freedom of religion for all faiths, while the English would receive valuable countrymen. I do ask my good husband to declare his Dutch realms loyal to the English Crown. Should King William do so, I will declare his son Philip William, from Anna van Egmont, “Stadholder” and grant him administrative control over these new Dutch realms with my good husband as regent until Philip William comes of age.

-- On the Scottish Question: It is the opinion of my government that we must defend our own borders before expanding and conquesting. However, I shall guarantee safety and welcome for any person, Protestant or Catholic, who flees from Scotland into my kingdom. I invite Roman Catholic priests to come to England from Scotland to help minister to these refugees.

-- It is the opinion of my government that no English soldier, sailor, nor ship shall take part in the Great Eastern War nor will any English soldier, sailor, or ship take part in the Spanish Holy League.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 07:46:21 PM »

Think I'm gonna have to drop for a little bit (considering finals are in two weeks and I'm basically running on Vicodin and antibiotics right now). Will probably be back later.

Sorry to see you go!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 08:06:47 PM »

England: Supplementary Decree

-- We, Elizabeth and William, By the Grace of God, King and Queen of England, France and Ireland, Defenders of the Faith, etc., do decree that our House and Family shall be known and styled as the House Orange-Nassau and that all males children from our union, and all females who have not yet married, shall bear the name Orange-Nassau, for it is the right of a husband to pass his name on to his wife and children.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 11:59:16 PM »

England: January 1561 - June 1561

Appointments

-- It is the good opinion of we, Elizabeth and William, to create the title “King and Queen of the Netherlands” and that it be bestowed upon ourselves and merged with the duties of the Crown.

-- It is the good opinion of we, Elizabeth and William, to create Francis Drake as a Knight of the Most Noble Order of Saint Alban. Sir Drake shall also hold the title “Lord Commander of the Seas”, which brings with it a £9,000 per year stipend.

-- Is is the good opinion of we, Elizabeth and William, to create Elizabeth, our daughter, as “Princess of Orange-Nassau” and heir to the thrones of England, France, the Netherlands, and Ireland.

-- Is is the good opinion of we, Elizabeth and William, to create William Philip, son of Anna von Egmont, as “Stadtholder” of the Netherlands, with William III as Regent over the Dutch Realms until William Philip comes of age.

Royal Decrees

--  We, Elizabeth and William, by the Grace of God, King and Queen of England, France, the Netherlands and Ireland, Defenders of the Faith, etc., do decree that the Colony of Gloriana shall be administered directly by the Crown. No “Joint-stock company” shall be granted charter in the colony. We further decree that 70 sailors of the Royal Navy, with their families, are to sail for Gloriana bearing supplies of food, lumber, and tools to advance the settlement. The sailors shall also bring with them £2,000, to be used in the purchasing of goods from local merchants.

-- We, Elizabeth and William, by the Grace of God, King and Queen of England, France, the Netherlands and Ireland, Defenders of the Faith, etc., do decree that all Stadtholders of the Netherlands who wish to petition the Crown to accept the burden of government shall be welcome so to do. All Dutch realms being absorbed shall be granted the right to practice any good Christian religion of choice, without fear of punishment or retribution.

-- We, Elizabeth and William, by the Grace of God, King and Queen of England, France, the Netherlands and Ireland, Defenders of the Faith, etc., do decree that 4 galleons are to be built at Deptford and added to the Royal Navy.

-- We, Elizabeth and William, by the Grace of God, King and Queen of England, France, the Netherlands and Ireland, Defenders of the Faith, etc., do decree that 6 galleons of the Royal Navy Fleet are to be dispatched to the North Sea to defend the new Dutch realms of the Crown.

Policy Decisions

-- On the Irish Question: It is the opinion of my government that all Catholics in Ireland, as well as all realms held by myself and my good husband, shall be allowed to practice their Christian faith freely without fear. It is further agreed that copies of the Bible are to be translated into the Irish tongue, allowing the faithful to worship on their own and learn more of our Heavenly Father.

-- It is my will that, should I die before my successor is of age, my good husband King William III shall serve as regent over all realms held at the time of my passing and will continue to serve until the successor achieve the age of a maturity.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 12:05:08 AM »

Spamage?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies