Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:42:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 204298 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: November 30, 2014, 03:15:22 AM »

You wanna bet?  Braum's is only 3 miles up the road...

Wait, three miles is considered a short distance to have to drive to get fast food in Oklahoma?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #476 on: November 30, 2014, 03:26:52 AM »

When you bowl, you basically walk a few feet and swing a heavy ball. Weight-wise, you might as well carry a grocery bag across the room and call that a frame bowled. The actual act of throwing the ball is good for strength-building, but doesn't really burn many calories.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #477 on: November 30, 2014, 04:06:52 AM »

So you said you were going to take a "day off" of dieting on Thanksgiving because it's a "holy day" and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

What is your excuse for eating a cheeseburger on Saturday, November 29?

He already explained that.  He needed bowling energy.

He's got a good 100+ pounds of bowling energy stored around his midsection.

Yeah, closer to 150 if we're being exact here. Someone of Bushie's stature and "propensity" to work out should be around 130 pounds at most.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #478 on: November 30, 2014, 04:32:26 AM »

Bushie is looking 300 in the eye and I'm not talking about a perfect score in bowling.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #479 on: November 30, 2014, 07:52:36 AM »

No one can dismiss bowling as a meaningless activity.  It is a pretty good work out.

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #480 on: November 30, 2014, 08:36:15 AM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #481 on: November 30, 2014, 08:41:14 AM »

If rather hear about his pumpkin pie lunch  Ugh.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #482 on: November 30, 2014, 09:57:50 AM »

Good morning, gentlemen, I am awake and about to head to church for the First Sunday of Advent 2014.  The season that prepares our hearts to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, the birth of Salvation incarnate.  Have a good day, gentlemen.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #483 on: November 30, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »

I really need to lose weight.  I'm sure if I lost even 25-50 pounds, my back would feel better.  So, I am going to try to behave myself the rest of the year except for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.  I know I'll feel better if I can get some of this weight off.

See, you want to gorge yourself at the table. Honestly, this is a habit thing, and if you change your mindset and habit, you won't want to do that anytime, because otherwise it becomes easy to say, "Oh, I can let myself go Easter and July 4 as well," then "St. whatever day," then once a month, etc.

You WILL feel better if you lose the weight and adopt healthier habits, but talking about it really won't get it done. Walk 3-5 miles a day and cut your intake in half.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #484 on: November 30, 2014, 10:51:34 AM »

Bushie is looking 300 in the eye and I'm not talking about a perfect score in bowling.

i think he is already there.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #485 on: November 30, 2014, 11:17:04 AM »

Even by his standards, I'm shocked at the "I bowled off the calories from the cheeseburger" logic.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #486 on: November 30, 2014, 11:37:19 AM »

Advent is also a penitential season, but I doubt Bushie or his church will be giving that much thought.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #487 on: November 30, 2014, 12:02:17 PM »

Since when does bowling burn off 600 calories? Hell, even running a few miles only burns off a couple hundred.

Otherwise, who cares. We know he's not going to diet because his version of "dieting" is having no fries with his cheeseburger as opposed to eating a vegetable or drinking water.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #488 on: November 30, 2014, 12:22:26 PM »

Since when does bowling burn off 600 calories? Hell, even running a few miles only burns off a couple hundred.

Otherwise, who cares. We know he's not going to diet because his version of "dieting" is having no fries with his cheeseburger as opposed to eating a vegetable or drinking water.

WTF is your problem Dukey?  HE ATE A SMALL CHEESBURGER WITH NO FRIES!!!!  THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. K? Thx.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #489 on: November 30, 2014, 12:23:13 PM »

WTF is your problem Dukey?  HE ATE A SMALL CHEESBURGER WITH NO FRIES!!!!  THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. K? Thx.

HE HAS NO RIGHT TO QUESTION HIM ON THIS!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #490 on: November 30, 2014, 01:15:47 PM »

Man, I ate like Bushie a bit this weekend and it made me sick. Burger with fries for lunch and roast beef sandwich with fries for dinner. Grade 3 headache and a painful dump.

Don't know he does it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #491 on: November 30, 2014, 01:18:21 PM »

Speaking of making time, when is a trip to Europe planned?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #492 on: November 30, 2014, 02:11:11 PM »

Good Sunday Afternoon.  I am home from a great worship service.  Very insightful.  The message helped to re-confirm my calling to move to Kenya.  I was starting to get down on myself that I wasn't doing what I need to to get there, but then after talking with my best friend at the church, I realize that maybe I am.  I am working right now and Mom and I are very successfully paying off my debt so I can be debt-free when I do go.  I'm still probably 3-4 years away from moving over there, but I'm hoping that sometime in 2018 or 2019 I can move over there for a year or two.  I am not called to go now, but I am called right now to start preparing myself to go over there.  Mom and I just paid off a major bill in October and I am starting to snowball onto another bill.  I am going to sit down with my pastor pretty soon and get his insight into what I need to be doing.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #493 on: November 30, 2014, 02:12:06 PM »

lol
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #494 on: November 30, 2014, 02:13:54 PM »

by bushie logic that means you are losing weight!  congrats!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #495 on: November 30, 2014, 02:22:24 PM »

Good Sunday Afternoon.  I am home from a great worship service.  Very insightful.  The message helped to re-confirm my calling to move to Kenya.  I was starting to get down on myself that I wasn't doing what I need to to get there, but then after talking with my best friend at the church, I realize that maybe I am.  I am working right now and Mom and I are very successfully paying off my debt so I can be debt-free when I do go.  I'm still probably 3-4 years away from moving over there, but I'm hoping that sometime in 2018 or 2019 I can move over there for a year or two.  I am not called to go now, but I am called right now to start preparing myself to go over there.  Mom and I just paid off a major bill in October and I am starting to snowball onto another bill.  I am going to sit down with my pastor pretty soon and get his insight into what I need to be doing.

You physically won't be able to move to Kenya unless you start losing weight.

You may not even be alive 2018 or 2019 with your current health trajectory.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #496 on: November 30, 2014, 02:25:40 PM »

Wow, I wasn't on the forum yesterday, but the one cheeseburger = one hour of bowling thing is insane. Doesn't he have a weight watchers or whatever app on his phone where he can put in the food he eats and the "exercise" he does?
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #497 on: November 30, 2014, 03:30:45 PM »

Isn't it true one of the mistakes overweight people make (which contributes to them staying the way they are) is they have a tendency to underestimate their caloric intake, yet overestimate their caloric output?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #498 on: November 30, 2014, 03:31:51 PM »

Advent is also a penitential season, but I doubt Bushie or his church will be giving that much thought.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #499 on: November 30, 2014, 03:33:33 PM »

Isn't it true one of the mistakes overweight people make (which contributes to them staying the way they are) is they have a tendency to underestimate their caloric intake, yet overestimate their caloric output?

I wouldn't call a deliberate act a 'mistake'.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies