What would happen if Mississippi became 50% black?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:19:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What would happen if Mississippi became 50% black?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What would happen if Mississippi became 50% black?  (Read 5003 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2015, 06:32:23 PM »

The white vote is nearly maxed out in MS for Republicans at 90%, but with a clear demographic threat from blacks they could vote 95% + for Republicans. If blacks went back to turning out at lower levels as they did pre Obama, Republicans could hold onto the state for the foreseeable future.

There are some deep southern congressional districts that are over 50 % Black but vote Republican due to turnout issues.
Not at all. Democrats hold every single majority black district. You're thinking of latin@s.

I see you don't understand the Spanish language. Mixed-gender groups default to male.

I am aware of that. But it is also my understanding that Spanish-speaking tumblr leftists use @ instead of <a> or <o> in writing, and since I am a tumblr leftist, I do the same.

So it has spread.

The University of Wisconsin has a Chican@/Latin@ Studies Program. Tumblr's not alone. The UW must not understand Spanish either Tongue
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2015, 09:32:32 PM »

*latinx
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2015, 09:55:58 PM »

Things would get done to improve conditions in the state, as they wouldn't have those nasty white Repubs electing their own obstructionist dogs en masse.

Yeah, all of MS' problems are totally the fault of Republicans!!  GMAFB.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies