Young Catholics Seek Restoration of Conservative Sexual Values

<< < (2/3) > >>

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better:
patrick, based on what you've said you aren't exactly living up to the church's extremely repressive sexual doctrine either (I'm definately not saying that's a bad thing though). And how many Catholics have used condoms at some point?

J. J.:
One question that you should ask is how many "young Catholics" are left in the Church?

Perhaps a greater percentage of young practicing Catholics support these values.  There may be fewer of them, because the ones that don't have not stayed within the Church.

TeePee4Prez:
Quote from: Nation of Ulysses on April 14, 2005, 09:56:02 PM

patrick, based on what you've said you aren't exactly living up to the church's extremely repressive sexual doctrine either (I'm definately not saying that's a bad thing though). And how many Catholics have used condoms at some point?

Thank you!  At least I'll admit it instead of some people, including some fo my friends, that preach this nonsense and have premarital sex at will. 

opebo:
If this is true, it is yet more evidence that we're sliding backwards into the dark ages.  Which wouldn't surprise me.  People are afraid to live what life they have, and cling to this absurd nonsense about rules and the fanciful concoction of a life after death.  What a waste.

ATFFL:
Quote from: J. J. on April 14, 2005, 10:14:28 PM

One question that you should ask is how many "young Catholics" are left in the Church?

Perhaps a greater percentage of young practicing Catholics support these values.  There may be fewer of them, because the ones that don't have not stayed within the Church.

Part of the reason Pope John Paul II is considered so great is all he did to keep young people in the church.  Even at 70+ years old he was, in many ways, the youngest Pope ever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page