Young Catholics Seek Restoration of Conservative Sexual Values

<< < (3/3)

12th Doctor:
The Catholic Church's dotrines on sexuality are based on the idea of supreme moral idealism.  We should preserve that ideal regardless of what many people's "reality" might be.  That is why we are a moral institution, not a secular one.

MissCatholic:
I have no problem with the Catholic church being conservative.

- i am against gay marriage.
- i am against the use of contraception
- i am against abortion

But we live in a country where i believe people have the right to do what they chose. if they want to get the morning after pill then no pharmacist has the right to object. thats there choice. you live your life how you see fit.

We must all be responsible in the decisions that we make. but we cannot use our faith and what we believe on other people. if a girl wants to have an abortion - yes i`m agaisnt it and want her to consider other options - but if thats her decision then fine - its your life.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better:
Quote from: Flyers2006 on April 15, 2005, 03:05:59 AM

Quote from: Nation of Ulysses on April 14, 2005, 09:56:02 PM

patrick, based on what you've said you aren't exactly living up to the church's extremely repressive sexual doctrine either (I'm definately not saying that's a bad thing though). And how many Catholics have used condoms at some point?

Thank you!  At least I'll admit it instead of some people, including some fo my friends, that preach this nonsense and have premarital sex at will. 

I have a coworker who is the epitome of this. She has pictures of Mary and Passion of the Christ posters all over her cubicle, and based on what she says she turns into a female opebo over the weekend, until she goes to church. She is hot though, so I have no problems with her being a hypocrite, especially if it's with me :)

TeePee4Prez:
Quote from: Nation of Ulysses on April 15, 2005, 10:15:39 AM

Quote from: Flyers2006 on April 15, 2005, 03:05:59 AM

Quote from: Nation of Ulysses on April 14, 2005, 09:56:02 PM

patrick, based on what you've said you aren't exactly living up to the church's extremely repressive sexual doctrine either (I'm definately not saying that's a bad thing though). And how many Catholics have used condoms at some point?

Thank you!  At least I'll admit it instead of some people, including some fo my friends, that preach this nonsense and have premarital sex at will. 

I have a coworker who is the epitome of this. She has pictures of Mary and Passion of the Christ posters all over her cubicle, and based on what she says she turns into a female opebo over the weekend, until she goes to church. She is hot though, so I have no problems with her being a hypocrite, especially if it's with me :)

Don't blame you there.  Funny I think I told you about the end of a Mass a while back and the "Generation Life" girl from LaSalle University.  There was another one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page