CO: PPP - Gardner (R) 48; Udall (D) 45 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:55:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  CO: PPP - Gardner (R) 48; Udall (D) 45 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO: PPP - Gardner (R) 48; Udall (D) 45  (Read 23302 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: November 02, 2014, 10:28:29 PM »

For from the Alaskan taiga to the Gulf of Mexico,
The Republican Party is the strongest!
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 11:06:16 PM »

Guys, remember at the start of 2013 Dr. Scholl literally thought everything Democrats won in 2012 was totally safe for the foreseeable future? Gosh, Tuesday night will be fantastic.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 11:15:22 PM »

Guys, remember at the start of 2013 Dr. Scholl literally thought everything Democrats won in 2012 was totally safe for the foreseeable future? Gosh, Tuesday night will be fantastic.

Creepy your fascination with me. You mention my name in your posts more than anyone, how quaint.

...why exactly is it quaint?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 11:26:24 PM »

Why are you so confident in Land's chances? She's only leading by 2 points here.

Overconfidence, anyone? Look who turned out to be right on that one. You can't do a superior dance here, child.

Two can play at the 'search for the other person in our own archives' game:

This is the first real pickup opportunity Republicans are getting and it's R+14. Outside of the very few heavily Republican districts held by Democrats, there is nothing else out there for Republicans to gain.

And I would not count on there not being another shutdown, there is absolutely no guarantee that there won't be another showdown over something.

In any case...

Creepy your fascination with me. You mention my name in your posts more than anyone, how quaint.

That's sarcasm, it's actually not quaint, it's creepy. I edited the post with something more relevant anyway.

You didn't edit it, you deleted it. But you can't go back and delete an entire cycle's worth of failed predictions and hackishness. As for me, I've always been fascinated as to how the failure (or, in your case, numerous failures) of political candidates, which has no bearing on day-to-day lives, can send people going through the Five Stages of Grief. You're still on the first (which is denial).
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 11:48:27 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2014, 11:50:28 PM by Vosem »

Why are you so confident in Land's chances? She's only leading by 2 points here.

Overconfidence, anyone? Look who turned out to be right on that one. You can't do a superior dance here, child.

Two can play at the 'search for the other person in our own archives' game:

This is the first real pickup opportunity Republicans are getting and it's R+14. Outside of the very few heavily Republican districts held by Democrats, there is nothing else out there for Republicans to gain.

And I would not count on there not being another shutdown, there is absolutely no guarantee that there won't be another showdown over something.

In any case...

That's sarcasm, it's actually not quaint, it's creepy. I edited the post with something more relevant anyway.

You didn't edit it, you deleted it. But you can't go back and delete an entire cycle's worth of failed predictions and hackishness. As for me, I've always been fascinated as to how the failure (or, in your case, numerous failures) of political candidates, which has no bearing on day-to-day lives, can send people going through the Five Stages of Grief. You're still on the first (which is denial).

Most of the Republican opportunities are in R+ districts, most of what YouGov shows Republicans winning are R+ seats.

First off all, you said heavily R, but in any case, Colorado is definitely not an R+ state. Scott Peters, Rick Nolan, and Steven Horsford all object to Republicans not being able to compete in lightly Democratic areas.

After 2010 and gerrymandering, there was never going to be another 60 seat gain.

Strawman

In 2012, my predictions were correct, so even if I make some mistakes now, my record is still better than you, krazen or any of your other good friends on the board.

Well, those aren't available on your profile. I did pretty well in 2012 as well, but as that's not on my profile I don't expect you to believe me either. The only predictions that are attached to your profile are 2010 -- when you significantly underestimated Republican gains, predicting R+4 when the reality was R+6; including a prediction that Alexi Giannoulias, who lost in Illinois would be over 60%. Hint, bro: you're just too hackish to be good at making predictions. Overcome this part of this personality (like some hacks on both sides here are capable of doing) and with time you might become a good prognosticator. You already keep up with polling, but you have to stop disregarding it.

Unlike Republicans, I don't have grief over elections, it's nice to win, but I'm not going to have a mental breakdown over it.

Saying "I'm not having a mental breakdown" in the midst of one is rather self-contradictory, no?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 12:13:33 AM »

This is what you get when Hillary refuses to campaign in a state - or told by advicers not to. Not a smart decision exactly. She could have energized latinos like crazy there.

Colorado is not a Hillary-friendly state. When PPP polled this race in July, when it still leaned toward Udall, it found Hillary leading Ted Cruz by just 1 percentage point. Hillary would not have helped Udall, and might even have set him back.

Source: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2014/COMiscResults.pdf
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies