CO: PPP - Gardner (R) 48; Udall (D) 45
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:15:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  CO: PPP - Gardner (R) 48; Udall (D) 45
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: CO: PPP - Gardner (R) 48; Udall (D) 45  (Read 23390 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2014, 10:41:47 PM »

At what point on Tuesday do the hacks around here literally say, "You know, the hard results in this race say one thing but the results said another thing in 2010 and 2012 so...!" ?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2014, 10:41:54 PM »

Even if Udall were to win due to voter fraud, Colorado will be a solid blue state by 2020 and condom hater will be dead in the water.

Let's just hope Obama and Clinton veto any bills banning condoms the sumabitch tries to pass before then.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2014, 10:42:10 PM »

No doubt that Dems were helped here by the GOP slate of miserable candidates. Made up for the turnout deficit.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2014, 10:46:10 PM »

Can someone please tell me what is so appealing about Gardner? Some people here have him running for President and he hasn't even been elected to the Senate yet.
njwes
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2014, 10:46:34 PM »

Even if Udall were to win due to voter fraud, Colorado will be a solid blue state by 2020 and condom hater will be dead in the water.

Let's just hope Obama and Clinton veto any bills banning condoms the sumabitch tries to pass before then.

Serious question, and I'm sorry to ask it, but do you really think there's a desire to ban condoms among the GOP?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2014, 10:47:49 PM »

Can someone please tell me what is so appealing about Gardner? Some people here have him running for President and he hasn't even been elected to the Senate yet.

He's perceived as a moderate.

This race is pretty much over, RIP Udall. Maybe we can get someone not as awful in 2020 who can win re-election.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2014, 10:49:20 PM »

He's perceived as a moderate.

This race is pretty much over, RIP Udall. Maybe we can get someone not as awful in 2020 who can win re-election.

His record will prove otherwise if he's elected (big if). He's not going to be President, anyway, but with a conservative record, that even further flushes that idea.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2014, 10:49:45 PM »

Serious question, and I'm sorry to ask it, but do you really think there's a desire to ban condoms among the GOP?

Among the Santorum/Huckabee/etc types?  Yes.  Among the Republican Party as a whole?  No.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2014, 10:52:33 PM »

Among the Santorum/Huckabee/etc types?  Yes.  Among the Republican Party as a whole?  No.

Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee, etc. do not want to ban condoms and even if they did, they would bever, ever try to pursue that legislatively. If you believe otherwise, please stop.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2014, 10:54:27 PM »

Upshot and 538 both have ~80% chance of Gardner winning.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2014, 10:56:07 PM »

Keystone Phil has 95% chance that Senator U-Haul has already placed an order for big brown boxes to be delivered to his offices on Wednesday.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2014, 10:56:43 PM »

Really? I'm quite optimistic Colorado will be moving towards Atlas Blue with the rise of a socially liberal GOP that no longer has to appeal as much to the south once they lose Georgia at that point (and Mississippi/Louisiana becomes like Georgia now). Republicans are quite likely to have a pretty good hold out west as I expect Oregon and Colorado to trend R (even if begin to fall off in Arizona). Just one man's opinion on the future coalitions. Hard to tell so far out, but I think Colorado will be a key GOP piece.

I hope you are not one of those deluded Dems who thinks one party can hold all of the northeast, make rapid gains in the southeast and get rid of the state-level conservative Dems in KY/WV/AR, and change the Rocky Mountains solidly blue due to Hispanic growth without losing the populist heritage of the Midwest. Sorry to tell you, but that is a pipe dream. The Republican Party will not be reduced to Wyoming, Alabama, Idaho and Oklahoma. Parties evolve and the growth of minorities is not going to change that. Hispanics will almost certainly become what Italians and Irish have become, and even if the country moves in a slightly liberal direction (far from a guarantee), realignment will certainly occur and you will not have a one party state. Don't be expecting 49 state wins anytime soon.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2014, 10:59:08 PM »

My prediction for this one has wavered a lot... if Udall was down less than 3% (as opposed to down by 3%) I would have some hope that he could pick this up. But the mood in CO seems very solidly anti-Dem.

I've decided to put this in the GOP column, but it will be close.

Respectfully smilo, I wouldn't get too excited about connecting the rise of the socially liberal GOPer and Cory Gardener... just saying.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2014, 10:59:22 PM »

Ermagawd! The man who wants to allow oral contraceptives to be sold over the counter is going to ban condoms now. We know this because he hasn't said he intends to do so. That's how we also know Gardner will ban hopscotch, tweezers, Koi ponds, the 20 dollar bill, and crossword puzzles. Cory Gardner is anti-crosswords! Abortion! Ken Buck! Domestic violence! WAR ON WOMEN!
njwes
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2014, 10:59:59 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2014, 11:03:47 PM by njwes »

I have to agree with Phil on this. Maybe, maybe Santorum in his most ultramontane fantasies. The idea of "banning condoms" etc is just so much scaremongering from Dems. What's most frightening of all is that so many seemingly intelligent, well-informed liberals actually seem to believe this.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2014, 11:02:03 PM »

What a shame.

Udall's campaign was a freakin' disaster these last few weeks though.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2014, 11:03:22 PM »

No one can predict what the GOP will do next. Regardless, they can't pass a thing if they take the Senate, because they don't have 60 votes and there aren't nearly enough conservative Democrats left to get them over the line.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2014, 11:06:16 PM »

Guys, remember at the start of 2013 Dr. Scholl literally thought everything Democrats won in 2012 was totally safe for the foreseeable future? Gosh, Tuesday night will be fantastic.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2014, 11:06:46 PM »

If you just type Cory Gardner into Bing, BingPredicts at the top of the results page gives him an 88% chance of winning. Completely meaningless but exhilerating nonetheless. Cheesy
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2014, 11:07:05 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2014, 11:08:44 PM by Ectoplasm X »

I have to agree with Phil on this. Maybe, maybe Santorum in his most ultramontane fantasies. The idea of "banning condoms" etc is just so much scaremongering from Dems.

My bad, I misread your post Sad  I thought you were asking about contraceptives.  I doubt anyone but some of the whacktivists actually want to ban condoms.  It's been a long weekend (and not in a good way) Sad
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2014, 11:10:39 PM »

For the record, Gardner doesn't support banning condoms, and the personhood bill he once supported doesn't ban them either.

Goodbye Udall, and your disgusting, abortion-centered campaign!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2014, 11:11:48 PM »

For the record, Gardner doesn't support banning condoms, and the personhood bill he once supported doesn't ban them either.

Goodbye Udall, and your disgusting, abortion-centered campaign!

Just everything else personhood means...
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2014, 11:12:03 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2014, 11:14:43 PM by Invisible Obama »

Guys, remember at the start of 2013 Dr. Scholl literally thought everything Democrats won in 2012 was totally safe for the foreseeable future? Gosh, Tuesday night will be fantastic.

Why are you so confident in Land's chances? She's only leading by 2 points here.

Overconfidence, anyone? Look who turned out to be right on that one. You can't do a superior dance here, child.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2014, 11:15:22 PM »

Creepy your fascination with me. You mention my name in your posts more than anyone, how quaint.

...why exactly is it quaint?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2014, 11:16:27 PM »

Creepy your fascination with me. You mention my name in your posts more than anyone, how quaint.

...why exactly is it quaint?

That's sarcasm, it's actually not quaint, it's creepy. I edited the post with something more relevant anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies