Oil in Cuba
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:19:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Oil in Cuba
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Oil in Cuba  (Read 3277 times)
ragnar
grendel
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2005, 01:32:26 PM »

http://www.freedomhouse.org/research/freeworld/2004/countryratings/venezuela.htm

Political Rights: 3
Civil Liberties: 4

Venezuela is not a nice place, but itīs not a dictatorship

Those ratings have only been this good because of the resistance to Chavez. Now that Chavez stole bought 'won' the referendum, he's busy attacking anything that might possibly stand in his way. Read those links again - "The amendments extend the scope of existing provisions that make it a criminal offense to insult or show disrespect for the president and other government authorities." - from Human Rights Watch. Hello, what do you think Chavez is doing with these laws if not crushing all dissent?

Itīs not the Character of the ruler, who tells us, whetever a country is dictatorship, but the character of the people. While they are rare there have been enlighted dictators (or rather monarchs), but this doesnīt make their countries democrazies, bad and authoritarian democratic rulers doesnīt make a country a dictartorship either.

The trendlines are worrying, and not headed in a good direction. You'll see in the months and years to come...

I tend to agree, but you donīt declare a country a dictatorship, while itīs still a democracy, even if it look like it going to be one.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2005, 01:56:41 PM »

http://www.freedomhouse.org/research/freeworld/2004/countryratings/venezuela.htm

Those ratings have only been this good because of the resistance to Chavez. Now that Chavez stole bought 'won' the referendum, he's busy attacking anything that might possibly stand in his way. Read those links again - "The amendments extend the scope of existing provisions that make it a criminal offense to insult or show disrespect for the president and other government authorities." - from Human Rights Watch. Hello, what do you think Chavez is doing with these laws if not crushing all dissent?

Itīs not the Character of the ruler, who tells us, whetever a country is dictatorship, but the character of the people. While they are rare there have been enlighted dictators (or rather monarchs), but this doesnīt make their countries democrazies, bad and authoritarian democratic rulers doesnīt make a country a dictartorship either.

The trendlines are worrying, and not headed in a good direction. You'll see in the months and years to come...

I tend to agree, but you donīt declare a country a dictatorship, while itīs still a democracy, even if it look like it going to be one.

I called Chavez a Proto-Dictator in the other thread, to adjust for the potentiality of dictatorship. Kiki
ragnar
grendel
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2005, 02:10:05 PM »

I called Chavez a Proto-Dictator in the other thread, to adjust for the potentiality of dictatorship. Kiki

you are right, he is one worst scumbags in South America
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2005, 11:11:26 PM »

you are right, he is one worst scumbags in South America

Heck, even Paraguay has gotten better, and if they can improve... Wink
Shira

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2005, 04:04:39 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2005, 05:37:16 PM by Shira »

Can some one tell me what is the real reason for the war in Iraq?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2005, 04:37:51 PM »

Can some one tell me what is real reason for the waer in Iraq?

There are two, and they are intertwined:
1) Domestic political reasons - war/patriotism wins elections
2) Lining the pockets of Bush's constituency.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2005, 04:44:11 PM »

You've been told about seventy million times. Quit being a troll.
Shira

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »

You've been told about seventy million times. Quit being a troll.

The time you spent talking about my question, you could have tried to simply answer it if you were capable to.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2005, 05:08:17 PM »

I answered it in your other 90 threads, which you then deleted and reposted or ignored until they were on a different page, and then posted the exact same thing.
Shira

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2005, 05:13:18 PM »

I answered it in your other 90 threads, which you then deleted and reposted or ignored until they were on a different page, and then posted the exact same thing.

Taht's what you are doing all day long?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2005, 05:21:57 PM »

Can some one tell me what is real reason for the war in Iraq?

Yes, but you'll just ignore us and say oil.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2005, 10:38:37 AM »
« Edited: May 01, 2005, 10:41:23 AM by Governor StatesRights »

Sand....we went there for the sand. You see US glass production has been down over the past two decades as you can clearly see here : Glass Production Down. And this has been due to a vast loss of US sand. Sand supply is way down nationally so we invaded Iraq to secure millions of tons of sand. Plain and simple..do you agree with that Shira? No blood for sand?
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2005, 11:04:42 AM »
« Edited: May 01, 2005, 11:08:24 AM by Blue Rectangle »

Sand....we went there for the sand. You see US glass production has been down over the past two decades as you can clearly see here : Glass Production Down. And this has been due to a vast loss of US sand. Sand supply is way down nationally so we invaded Iraq to secure millions of tons of sand. Plain and simple..do you agree with that Shira? No blood for sand?
Australia has a lot of sand.  We should invade them or else we're hypocrites.

Congrats, Shira, you went almost three months:
I have a prediction too:
Shira will soon start a thread asking, "What was the *real* reason for war in Iraq?"
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies