OH-Gov, Columbus Dispatch: Kasich in the lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:28:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  OH-Gov, Columbus Dispatch: Kasich in the lead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-Gov, Columbus Dispatch: Kasich in the lead  (Read 5701 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2014, 09:26:44 PM »

Link

Kasich 62
Fitz 34

The great champion of the people Kasich is leading a sweep of all statewide offices. Voinovich won Cuyahoga County in 2004 with 64% of the vote.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 09:30:33 PM »

This is another of the Dispatch's stupid mail polls.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 09:30:35 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Since this poll is clearly inflating Kasich's margin, this means we could very well defeat Mandel. Wonderful news!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 09:33:55 PM »

Junk poll!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 09:34:20 PM »

Fitzgerald will probably win Cuyahoga, but Kasich will get at least 40% of the Cuyahoga vote.
KCDem

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 09:56:13 PM »

Will Kasich break 60%? Prediction generator needs to know Wink
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 04:54:57 AM »

Plze dont nominate anymore Lee Fishers or Fitzgeralds, Betty Sutton or Tim Ryan would been a B, not C level candidate.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 07:26:36 AM »
« Edited: November 02, 2014, 07:29:30 AM by Ectoplasm X »

True, but Kasich could easily win by the margin this poll shows.

Edit: S[inks]! Angry  French is the worst (aside from Mandel, o/c) Sad
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 07:50:39 PM »

Respectfully disagree re: French, as does the State Bar (though admittedly her opponent is also "highly recommended" like her).

That said, doesn't the Dispatch poll have some historical accuracy issues? Not Vox Populi or We Are America levels, but IIRC it's not that close either.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 07:53:36 PM »

Respectfully disagree re: French, as does the State Bar (though admittedly her opponent is also "highly recommended" like her).

That said, doesn't the Dispatch poll have some historical accuracy issues? Not Vox Populi or We Are America levels, but IIRC it's not that close either.

Yeah, they conduct their polls by mail.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 07:55:09 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2014, 08:20:40 PM by Badger »

Edit: S[inks]! Angry  French is the worst (aside from Mandel, o/c) Sad

Well, yeah, that's not reassuring, but more importantly their numbers are usually among the furthest off of statewide polls (I think, and am too lazy to google).

EDIT: They were apparently right on the money with Obama-Romney, though.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 08:02:27 PM »

Well, yeah, that's not reassuring, but more importantly their numbers are usually among the furthest off of statewide polls (I think, and am too lazy to google).

That too
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 09:03:59 PM »

Regarding French, X is right about her. She's just a personal vote for Kasich on the OSC (ex. going with the majority on the flawed JobsOhio's constitutionality). French even just admitted that the other day when she said she was prepared to reinforce all GOP legislation that passes by.

I wouldn't count the State Bar as very reliable for this one race, either. They're attacking O'Donnell as partisan for saying in an ad that French pocketed campaign contributions by a corporation in return for a OSC vote for them, yet they refuse to go after French for her partisan comments. O'Donnell is definitely highly qualified and I appreciate them giving him that rating, but calling French "highly recommended" is ridiculous.

As for the poll, it's Dispatch so trash it. Admittedly, their 2012 OH-Sen poll was right on the dot (Brown +6), but their Governor polling....not so much. The accepted belief is that Fitzy will lose by upper teen double digits and this poll isn't even close. It's reassuring though that Mandel's only up by 6 in this!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 09:09:42 PM »

Regarding French, X is right about her. She's just a personal vote for Kasich on the OSC (ex. going with the majority on the flawed JobsOhio's constitutionality). French even just admitted that the other day when she said she was prepared to reinforce all GOP legislation that passes by.

I wouldn't count the State Bar as very reliable for this one race, either. They're attacking O'Donnell as partisan for saying in an ad that French pocketed campaign contributions by a corporation in return for a OSC vote for them, yet they refuse to go after French for her partisan comments. O'Donnell is definitely highly qualified and I appreciate them giving him that rating, but calling French "highly recommended" is ridiculous.

As for the poll, it's Dispatch so trash it. Admittedly, their 2012 OH-Sen poll was right on the dot (Brown +6), but their Governor polling....not so much. The accepted belief is that Fitzy will lose by upper teen double digits and this poll isn't even close. It's reassuring though that Mandel's only up by 6 in this!

Yeah, French more or less said she sees her job as a State Supreme Court Justice being to rubber-stamp whatever the Republican legislature passes.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 10:48:01 AM »

Actually, their poll was right on the money in 2010 predicting a Kasich win by 2. I couldn't find anything online immediately about how they did in the 2008 presidential race or 06 governor's race, but between nailing the last presidential, senatorial, and gubernatorial races, I really can't remember why I (mis)recalled the Dispatch polls being of mediocre accuracy.
KCDem

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 10:51:43 AM »

Actually, their poll was right on the money in 2010 predicting a Kasich win by 2. I couldn't find anything online immediately about how they did in the 2008 presidential race or 06 governor's race, but between nailing the last presidential, senatorial, and gubernatorial races, I really can't remember why I (mis)recalled the Dispatch polls being of mediocre accuracy.

Badger, will Kasich be held under 60%?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 10:53:27 AM »

I'm pretty sure Kasich will be held under 60%. I get Cincinnati media.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 11:43:55 AM »

Badger, will Kasich be held under 60%?

Coin flip. I'd say he has a decent chance after Republicans were able to keep the Libertarian candidate off the ballot. I question Fitzgerald hitting 40%, but there might be enough disaffected Democrats and liberals who cast ballots for the Green to keep Kasich under 60.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies