MA: Emerson College: Coakley heading for defeat
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:37:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MA: Emerson College: Coakley heading for defeat
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MA: Emerson College: Coakley heading for defeat  (Read 6167 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2014, 01:35:46 PM »

New Poll: Massachusetts Governor by Emerson College on 2014-10-29

Summary: D: 42%, R: 48%, I: 6%, U: 5%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 01:38:49 PM »

Coakley should never be allowed to run for Office again.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 01:54:08 PM »

Maybe I'm imaging things, but it seems like more women get the whole perennial loser thing going on as of recent than men. Why is that? Martha Coakley, Alex Sink, Wendy Greuel?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 01:56:16 PM »

What is she famous for losing?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 02:43:23 PM »

Maybe I'm imaging things, but it seems like more women get the whole perennial loser thing going on as of recent than men. Why is that? Martha Coakley, Alex Sink, Wendy Greuel?

Because when a man loses, it's "well, you win some you lose some, they did their best! The environment was just too much for them to overcome. Let's run them five more times like Manan Trivedi and Joe Garcia".

When a woman loses? "OMFG WORST CANDIDATE EVER NEVER RUN AGAIN YOU SUCK"
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 02:45:52 PM »

Because when a man loses, it's "well, you win some you lose some, they did their best! The environment was just too much for them to overcome. Let's run them five more times like Manan Trivedi and Joe Garcia".

Spot on.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 02:49:20 PM »

"Because Sexism and le Massachusetts Patriarchy" - Lief
Recalcuate

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 03:13:46 PM »

Because Coakley didn't run an uninspiring campaign and lose Ted Kennedy's seat and end up with about zero endorsements and is losing this one...

And Elizabeth Warren wasn't elected to the Senate in Massachusetts.

Sexism.. Hardly... Bad candidate... Absolutely.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 03:27:24 PM »

Because Coakley didn't run an uninspiring campaign and lose Ted Kennedy's seat and end up with about zero endorsements and is losing this one...

And Elizabeth Warren wasn't elected to the Senate in Massachusetts.

Sexism.. Hardly... Bad candidate... Absolutely.

I think you completely missed the point of my post. The point is that female "perennial losers" are given hell whereas male ones are tolerated if not outright embraced.

As for sexism, the Boston boys club took forever to gave lukewarm support (at best) to Coakley in 2010 and 2014 and Warren in 2012. Of course, far be it from a bunch of young males on a forum to see whether or not sexism is present, but that seems like a rather obvious trend to me.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 03:48:40 PM »

That didn't really explain anything. Typical IceSpear post.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 03:52:57 PM »

It does though. There are plenty of men "perennial losers" (I named two right in that post). They just don't get focused on as much as the female ones so nobody cares/knows about them.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 04:04:10 PM »

It does though. There are plenty of men "perennial losers" (I named two right in that post). They just don't get focused on as much as the female ones so nobody cares/knows about them.

Huh

I mean they should. I have no clue why Democrats keep on running Manan Trivedi over and over again inspite of his consistent loser status (Garcia, on the other hand, actually won a seat in congress). You have a tendency to strawman everything, but I guess I see your point, though my question now is why that is.

I hope Democrats have the same hatred for Joe Baca (who is basically a sexist moron AND a loser). It seems to be an epidemic on the Democrat side of things too.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 04:10:55 PM »

Dianne Feinstein crushed a incumbent senator a few years after losing the CA governor's race when it was a open seat. I guess that inherent disdain for women running as losers must have ruined her chances.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 04:39:08 PM »

Hahahahahahahaha
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 05:24:19 PM »

Calling Coakley a horrible candidate for blowing near-slam-dunk campaigns is now sexist? Wow. Forum Demohacks jump the shark.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 05:33:28 PM »

It's ALL Coakley's fault guys, really. If it wasn't for her, this seat would be a Dem lock!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/governor/ma/massachusetts_governor_baker_vs_berwick-3867.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/governor/ma/massachusetts_governor_baker_vs_grossman-3267.html

Coakley did not run a bad campaign this time. It wasn't great, but it wasn't the disaster it was in 2010. She's (probably) going to lose because MA loves electing moderate Republican governors and because the boys club in Boston has stabbed her in the back since day 1.
KCDem

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 05:34:40 PM »

The Good Ole Boys' Club strikes again!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 09:52:56 PM »

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 10:09:41 PM »

I don't think she'll win but I wouldn't count her out completely yet. This is Massachusetts...
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 10:12:09 PM »

Thanks for proving my point. Despite being a loser who got completely blown out of the water, he placed second in a national presidential primary.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 10:54:11 PM »

Thanks for proving my point. Despite being a loser who got completely blown out of the water, he placed second in a national presidential primary.
Did you see the competition? Nobody and I mean nobody takes Santorum seriously, especially here. His name was made synonymous with...a frothy mixture of sorts. Politics is a dirty game all around. Your "life is just so darn hard for the womyn" narrative is just a load of hot air.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 11:05:11 PM »

Did you see the competition? Nobody and I mean nobody takes Santorum seriously, especially here. His name was made synonymous with...a frothy mixture of sorts. Politics is a dirty game all around. Your "life is just so darn hard for the womyn" narrative is just a load of hot air.

Doesn't matter what the competition was. A woman with Santorum's electoral record would've gotten absolutely nowhere.

So you deny sexism in politics exists? Not that I don't expect it from a forum full of young men, but maybe you should actually listen to female politicians discuss the issue before being so dismissive of it.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 11:10:34 PM »

We don't actually know if Martha Coakley was the only one who could have blown this race. Based on head-to-head polling with other democrats, she's not at all the only one. I doubt people would be decrying Grossman the same way.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 11:15:46 PM »

We don't actually know if Martha Coakley was the only one who could have blown this race. Based on head-to-head polling with other democrats, she's not at all the only one. I doubt people would be decrying Grossman the same way.

Yup. If Grossman lost, it would be "Well, Baker was just a good candidate in a decent Republican year, running in a state that doesn't mind electing Republican governors. I'm sure he'll have a bright political future."

(Which is the correct explanation for this probable loss, by the way.)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 01:13:46 AM »

IceSpear is doing God's work in this thread.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies