CO-SUSA: Gardner +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:33:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  CO-SUSA: Gardner +2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CO-SUSA: Gardner +2  (Read 5281 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 06:38:49 PM »

I miss a republican saying "BUT... KEN BUCK! KEN BUCK!! BUCK? KEN" here.

...you do realize it's said to mock the Dems, right? Because that's all they could talk about for weeks when this race was tightening.

"But Ken Buck was ahead in 2010 and Ken Buck didn't win! See!"

We only started frequently using him as an excuse of a bad candidate after he Forum Dems held him up as the quintessential CO Republican from 2010 until forever.

Of course I know that its initial purpose was to mock the dems, but it's pretty obvious it's become a way of ridiculing yourselves now. We got the point and people stopped saying "But Ken Buck" a long time ago, but some republicans (not all... thank god!) keep saying "B... KEN BUCK" when the people actually have a point, and that's that if Gardner is leading by 1-3 points, he might lose, just as it happened in 2010 (and there are many republicans who agree with that, BTW).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 06:41:16 PM »

You mean people play stupid memes to death around here? Shocked

I've noticed a peculiar level of density from you over the past week.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 05:35:09 PM »

I'll give Phil this; his density levels are consistent.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 05:35:58 PM »

You're definitely not obsessive, Badger!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 05:37:16 PM »

This race seems to be narrowing again. Gardner is still favored, but a Udall upset is possible.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2014, 10:26:47 PM »

You're definitely not obsessive, Badger!

LOL! I was going to ignore this,  then I saw 'someone' actually reported my post. I wonder who? Roll Eyes

So you're saying that calling another poster dense is wrong and something you aren't willing to accept. Something only a low down ill-mannered poltroon would do? How many infraction points should something like that get?

You are one of th e most self-unaware posters on the Forum, and the blatently most hypocritical one bar none.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2014, 10:32:36 PM »

Badger, I need you to actually man up and admit that you purposely target my posts. You had literally nothing else to add to this thread except personally attacking me. You said nothing about the poll or this race; just threw a jab at me.

It's too precious that you call me a hypocrite. Way too precious. You're the same one that comes charging in to threads to finger-wag about my nastiness. Meanwhile, as I stated above, you had literally nothing else to add to this thread except an attack on me.

I really need you to get over this obsession now. It's becoming very embarrassing for both of us.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2014, 11:06:53 PM »

Excellent job ducking my questions. Did your snarky swip at julio say anything about the poll or race; no you just took a swipe at him for being dense. Now why didn't you report your own post for being so objectionable?

Simple: you readily are insulting and invective against other posters, but just as readily complain to the mods the second anyone merely zings you. Try just once to not defend the double standard you use for your posts and everyone else's, instead of crying 'obsession' constantly.

In short, quit whining Phil.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2014, 11:17:15 PM »

My "snarky" response to Julio was in response to his mocking of me. I explained myself and when he said the Ken Buck meme was played out (which was obviously done on purpose to mock other overplayed memes around here), I called him dense. Because, well, he is if he can't realize that.

Please get a good handle of the facts before you throw yourself into a thread, Badgie: I wasn't being insulting of anyone. Julio began by mocking "certain Republican posters" about the Ken Buck meme. I defended myself. It wasn't Julio responding with snark; he initiated it.

I'm not "ducking your questions," Badger. This isn't your courtroom. Please stop feeling like its your solemn duty to call me out in these threads. You do this in multiple threads. It's literally tiring now. It's obsessive.

You sidetrack numerous threads with this nonsense and then have the laughable audacity to say I'm whining when your entire point here is to whine about me being "invective."

I don't constantly cry obsession with anyone else actually. It's always been directed at you because you literally are obsessed. I've tried multiple times to smooth this over with you. I purposely don't respond to your posts until you start with me because I truly don't wish to engage you. But when you start your nonsense out of the blue, I'll respond.

Rule #1 about double standards: don't call someone else out for an alleged double standard when you are a culprit yourself. The entire basis of your complaint here is that I'm "whining"...yet you're only here to whine about me. Zero comment about the poll. Zero comment about the race. Julio can handle the discussion himself, Badgie. You're only here because you're obsessed. Find a new hobby.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2014, 12:16:11 AM »

#republicansindisarray
#demwavebuilding
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2014, 12:32:34 AM »

I can't believe you typed that first paragraph. "I'm allowed to call another poster dense cause, well, they are. But how DARE anyone say that to me!! I'M KEYSTONE PHIL!!!" I get it now. You call someone dense, it's merely "standing up for yourself" in a sea of dem hackishness" or some $hit. Someone else uses your own insults against you and it's "Moderators!!! He's OBSESSIVELY TROLLING meeeeee!!!!

No one on the forum has a greater penchant for being persistently nasty and personal in their posts, but without an ounce of self-awareness you cry to the mods like a little girl with a skinned knee the instant anyone calls you on it. And here's a reality check: I'm FAR from the only one who does.

You're like a basketball player who throws elbows with abandon under the rim, but screams at the ref to call a foul anytime someone even brushes his jersey. Like a schoolyard bully who cries to the teacher whenever someone hits him back. You are, in a nutshell, the epitome of someone who can dish it out, but not take it.

But whatever. This is all in one ear and out the other because, as another poster recently pointed out, you wear your blind obstinacy like a badge of pride. 

I'm not shy about calling out fools and jerks (including occasionally myself), so undoubtedly we'll have this conversation again soon. At which point you'll inevitably scream about "obsession" and "trolling", and the Forum Circle of Life spins again......

G'night everyone! If you liked tonight's show, make sure to tune in for the Election Day fireworks extravaganza!! Cheesy
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2014, 02:18:40 AM »

I have now finally changed my rating for CO to a "Gardner-win".

The early voting numbers just don't suggest that Udall pulls this out, and this poll's margin here (Gardner+2) should come pretty close to the final result.

The question just is Gardner with 50%+ or less than 50% ...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2014, 08:18:11 AM »

I can't believe you typed that first paragraph. "I'm allowed to call another poster dense cause, well, they are. But how DARE anyone say that to me!! I'M KEYSTONE PHIL!!!" I get it now. You call someone dense, it's merely "standing up for yourself" in a sea of dem hackishness" or some $hit. Someone else uses your own insults against you and it's "Moderators!!! He's OBSESSIVELY TROLLING meeeeee!!!!

Looks like someone else is being dense. Let me spell it out very clearly for you: Julio mocked me earlier in the thread and I responded. You whine about me dodging questions yet you are clearly dodging that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Badgie, ever notice how you're the only one I'm having these conversations with these days? You're the one acting childish. Again, let's go over the sequence of events:

1) Julio mocks me for the Buck meme (he doesn't even sent that he was mocking me).

2) I respond.

3) He mocked again by saying the meme was played out.

4) I respond by saying that was the point (to mock other played out memes) and say he's dense.

5) This one is important: Julio didn't care to respond. He didn't go whining about me being a big bad meanie; you did. There is someone whining around here, Badgie, and it isn't me or Julio.

You just have to love the irony about how I'm thin skinned but you're completely outraged that I said someone is dense. Roll Eyes

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Because you're obsessed. Again, no one else goes on your little crusade, Badgie. Again, you continue to dodge this point: you had zero commentary on this poll or the race. You had to rush in to Julio's defense when he didn't need it or request it. Obsessive. Time to not be shy and man up to it.

Yes, everyone, do tune in for Badgie's continued routine. He will surely continue to harp on my predictions or "big, bad, mean ways." He'll obsess over every last detail. A Brownback win? Doesn't matter! Phil said it would be comfortable so Badgie will hold it up as another victory over the poster he's obsessed with (please note, no Republican here will get on Lief's case for the "Dem wave building in the House!" stuff because...we aren't dense! But Badgie will be sure to get a laugh in at the big, bad Republican from Pennsylvania!). Ever have a discussion with me that featured the usual political ribbing on both sides? Don't fret! Badgie will swoop in, without being asked, to put nasty old Phil in his place.

I'll sure be here on election night to get results. And I'll be here to take the licks that night and after for the races I get wrong, just like how I've been here for the "day after" for ten years. I've been outnumbered ideologically and especially in respect to political figures that I like and I don't seek any special protection. I choose to be here and have no issue defending myself. What I have an issue with is the constant whining by one poster about my "bad behavior." I have an issue with the blatant hypocrisy by that one poster who moans about nastiness and hypocrisy when he's guilty of both. I'll gladly take your other nonsense about my LOL WRONG PREDICTIONS!!!! as long as you don't cry like a child (you're in your 40s, right, Badgie?) when I bite back.

So please don't lecture me about thin skin.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2014, 09:03:19 AM »

Badgie, ever notice how you're the only one I'm having these conversations with these days? 

Everyone else has given up on you and just lets you act like, well, you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2014, 10:08:31 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2014, 10:12:18 AM by Keystone Phil »

Badgie, ever notice how you're the only one I'm having these conversations with these days?  

Everyone else has given up on you and just lets you act like, well, you.

Great! Maybe Badger will get a life, get off the high horse and stop acting like it's his holy mission to call me out every single time.

And just a friendly reminder, Julio mocked me for the Ken Buck stuff. I didn't whine; I simply defended myself and explained the situation. Remind me again who needs to grow thicker skin: me or Badger and his ilk (Julio didn't even complain. In fact, Julio has been cool about our interactions because he isn't a child like Mr. 40-something Ohio "Republican")?

And did anyone notice that in Badger's great quest against "nasty trolls," he hasn't made it his mission to take on KCDem? Yet this guy really wants to say "no other poster has a greater penchant for being persistently nasty and personal in their posts" than me? Yeah, the dude is obsessed.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2014, 10:18:28 AM »

Badger, Phil, come on! You're both 2 wonderful posters, if the few republicans on this forum fight each other, this forum will always stay full of dem hacks  Sad(except the Brasil thread haha)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2014, 10:22:26 AM »

Badger, Phil, come on! You're both 2 wonderful posters, if the few republicans on this forum fight each other, this forum will always stay full of dem hacks  Sad(except the Brasil thread haha)

Again, I don't seek out Badger's posts. I don't care to engage the guy. If Badger would just grow a thicker skin (like he ironically suggests I should) and maybe finally realize that picking out my posts for complaints does no one any good, we would be able to have these threads continue on without the usual Badger-Phil drama. Julio wasn't whining. Julio and I didn't have some bitch fest. That should tell you everything you need to know about the latest nonsense.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2014, 04:07:23 PM »

Someone called?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2014, 06:49:52 PM »

I'm not upset by Phil calling me "dense". He was right. He was dense too when he predicted Dilma would lose or that Sarko would be reelected, and I enjoy mocking him for that, so no resentment.

KEN BUCK!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies