CA: Field: Brown up 54-33 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:01:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CA: Field: Brown up 54-33 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA: Field: Brown up 54-33  (Read 3221 times)
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« on: October 30, 2014, 02:51:44 PM »

Hopefully Tuck will win the superintendent's race. Cast my vote for him. I'm a union supporter, but the teacher tenure rules are outrageous.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 03:11:15 PM »

I am thinking a 26-28 point win is likely. Maybe a little less because a lot of democrats just aren't going to bother turning out.

Realy? The poll only shows a 21 point win, and my guess is undecideds break for Kashkari.

Undecideds will probably break for the Democrat in statewide races in California, especially when the Republican is a loser like Kashkari.

Difficult to say. Even though Democrats will sweep statewide, motivation and turnout could be very low, which seems to be what's keeping the Republicans afloat in the competitive House and legislature districts.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 05:55:55 PM »

Glorious news! Corrupto-man will be crushed by the Great Governor's moonbeam.

For once, I can completely and wholeheartedly agree with you.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 12:17:40 AM »

Qualifications matter more than union gripes. That last thing we need is a superintendent trying to get into big fights with unions, that's just a lot of gridlock.

Someone needs to do something. That has been my biggest disappointment with Brown.

I live in senate district 38, and my Republican state senator, who is the ranking member of the education committee, always gripes about how Gov. Brown shrugs his shoulders and says how "the unions won't let that happen" whenever seemingly any legislation is proposed.

Both my dad and my grandpa were firefighters (public sector union employees), but even they acknowledge the unions here have too much power. The teachers unions should be fighting on behalf of both the teachers AND the students, not for stupid rules like tenure, which keeps poor teachers employed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies