FL-Gov, SEA: Great Scott in the lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:40:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL-Gov, SEA: Great Scott in the lead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-Gov, SEA: Great Scott in the lead  (Read 956 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2014, 02:46:32 PM »

Link

Scott 47
Crist 44

Given that Charlie is a Democrat, a Republican, and an Independent, this looks like a great triple thrashing. Of course there's that Senate seat in 2016....
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 02:48:11 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is this the only poll in a year to show the criminal as popular? I think I'll take Quinnipiac and the stellar Democratic early voting numbers over this junk poll.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 02:49:45 PM »

Scott with positive approvals and favorability?

Throw this one in the trash and then light the trash on fire and then throw the ashes in the garbage.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 02:54:48 PM »

Great Rick Scott is on his way to a thrashing of two-faced Charlie!
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 03:02:10 PM »

So, real polls show Crist in the lead, and garbage polls show Scott in the lead. And this race is characterized as a tossup?

I can see these political forecasting meetings now:

"Well, the pros are showing that Charlie Crist is going to defeat Scott, but the idiots who don't know what they're doing are all showing a Rick Scott lead--I don't know who to believe!"
Recalcuate

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 03:35:03 PM »

So, real polls show Crist in the lead, and garbage polls show Scott in the lead. And this race is characterized as a tossup?

"Well, the pros are showing that Charlie Crist is going to defeat Scott, but the idiots who don't know what they're doing are all showing a Rick Scott lead--I don't know who to believe!"

The race is a tossup because the majority of the polling has the race with either a tie or slight Crist lead. It's worth noting that this particular poll was for a left-leaning group.

At the end of the day, the race slightly leans Crist, but he doesn't really have a persistent lead outside of the margin of error to call it anything other than a tossup.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 03:38:12 PM »

The race is a tossup because the majority of the polling has the race with either a tie or slight Crist lead. It's worth noting that this particular poll was for a left-leaning group.

At the end of the day, the race slightly leans Crist, but he doesn't really have a persistent lead outside of the margin of error to call it anything other than a tossup.

So then Begich is ahead by 10 because that was done by a right-leaning group.
KCDem

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 04:26:25 PM »

Joke poll! The criminal will be sent to solitary on Tuesday.
Recalcuate

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 04:42:57 PM »

I didn't know that I was stating anything other than fact there. Putting bias out there is important for discussion. Wasn't my conclusion that Crist leads?

Alaska is a different animal all together and irrelevant for this discussion.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 05:17:19 PM »

I didn't know that I was stating anything other than fact there. Putting bias out there is important for discussion. Wasn't my conclusion that Crist leads?

Alaska is a different animal all together and irrelevant for this discussion.

My point was the fact that this is by a "left leaning group" means nothing. A "left leaning group" also showed Romney ahead by 20 points in Florida in 2012.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 06:07:20 AM »

The reliable pollsters are all in consensus that Crist has a small lead. Just because his lead is small, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Recalcuate

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 09:33:22 AM »

The reliable pollsters are all in consensus that Crist has a small lead. Just because his lead is small, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

No one is denying that Crist has a small lead (less than 1% according to 538).

He's a slight 3:2 favorite. (60% according to 538). However, it's nowhere near certain that he wins.

Technically, the Florida governors race belongs in the tossup category, leaning towards Crist. It's not a given that he wins.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 09:47:48 AM »

Scott's biggest and best asset is that FL has created almost a million jobs since he's taken office compared to Crist's prior tenure in which the state lost about .7 million.  Of course, that just happened to be during the recession and we know, most governors have little to do with the economic cycle.

That being said, for people who are back to work since 2008, their impression of Scott is probably better.  Scott has been playing the "economy" card very hard here in FL the past two months and why not? it's the best thing he's got.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies