YouGov fourth wave polls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:39:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  YouGov fourth wave polls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: YouGov fourth wave polls  (Read 3600 times)
Recalcuate

« on: October 26, 2014, 10:36:05 PM »

Remember that it's the same people being surveyed again. I see GA's margin shrank a point IIRC.

Yeah. A lot of races where there's supposedly been a lot of movement seem to be pretty static though (Kansas, Massachusetts, Illinois, etc.).

I've always assumed based on where the results started in these polls for many that this was an overly-Republican sample and that the minimal movement is because there are going to be relatively few people chip off if that's the case.

OMG muh unskewing!!! ...

But yeah, in reality I never got the virtue of this style of polling. I mean, I'm no fan of lv screens... but how does this method accommodate changes in turnout models-enthusiasm?

It looks like there is a good bit of special sauce added to their polls. If you look at the Alabama link, it seems like they adjust for gender, party affiliation and ideology. Maybe that's based on some sort of modeling as to turnout and enthusiasm.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies