The Nashua Union-Monitor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:47:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Nashua Union-Monitor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Nashua Union-Monitor  (Read 2285 times)
Angrie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2016, 03:00:56 PM »

What are you running for, Angrie? If you haven't already, you should declare in the Candidate Declaration thread.

Probably the Assembly (?). There seem to be ongoing discussions as to whether the northern region has a bicameral or unicameral legislature, etc. I can't run for anything yet until that is worked out, or am I wrong?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2016, 05:28:37 PM »

Good luck Angrie. I must endorse ya because your candidacy is too perfect to be true.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2016, 10:57:55 PM »

Angrie, I've heard rumors that evergreen is going to be running for the presidency? Any truth to them?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 03:56:19 AM »

Angrie, I've heard rumors that evergreen is going to be running for the presidency? Any truth to them?

uh

no
Angrie

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2016, 01:13:49 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2016, 01:22:09 PM by Angrie »

The Nashua Union-Monitor is New Hampshire's leading newspaper. It provides coverage of Atlasian politics, with a special emphasis on New Hampshire and the North.

SHEA-KUSTER TALKS EDUCATION, GUNS IN HANOVER

HANOVER, New Hampshire (5/31/2016) - Angie Shea-Kuster's listening tour made its way to the Upper Valley on Tuesday, where she spoke to a crowd of about 200 people who tottered into the Hanover High School Gymnasium to meet her. Shea-Kuster introduced herself as a Dartmouth alum, but quickly brought up the Zika virus. "You know, if men other than Arnold Schwarzenegger could get pregnant, we would have no problem with this. There would be billions in funding instantly."

Members of the Dartmouth College Laborites club and members of the general public file in to the Hanover High School Gymnasium to see Shea-Kuster

Marie, a mother of twin preschoolers, brought up education.

Shea-Kuster responded: "I've been fortunate to have had an excellent education, and that's why I'm standing before you here today. We all have a responsibility to make sure our kids get outstanding, wide-ranging educations that teach them how to think and to be good citizens, while also unlocking every child's full potential and helping them to flourish. To do that, we need to reduce class sizes and to pay teachers better, to create classroom environments in which students can thrive. With smaller class sizes, students at all schools could have a Socratic learning experience more like around the Harkness table, or like at a seminar at Dartmouth."

"So you'll just be a lackey for the teacher's unions and indoctrinate children with 'liberal arts'," said one man skeptically. The man, who spoke with a southern accent but said he was a swing voter who had driven all the way from Franconia, followed up. "And what about guns, you are going to grab our guns?"

Angie Shea-Kuster speaks in Hanover

Shea-Kuster responded: "I respect the right of ordinary law abiding citizens to own guns, for instance rifles for hunting. But we have to do a better job of separating that right from unrestrained access to automatic weaponry used by maniacs to massacre our children at the place where they should be safest - in school. So I support common sense gun control to do that."

The man, who appeared dissatisfied, muttered something barely audible about sexism, got up, and walked out of the gymnasium. But most of the crowd grimaced at the man as he exited, and then began to shout "Run Angie Run!"

Asked later about Shea-Kuster's answers, Marie, the woman who had asked about education gushed, "Oh, I love her! She gets me! She speaks to me. She is smart, fresh, she brings the new perspective we need to the table. I am behind her all the way."
Angrie

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2016, 01:15:44 PM »

Angrie, how will you stand up for White women's rights?

There are just too many ways, they can't possibly be enumerated. All ways. In every respect.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2016, 01:17:51 PM »

This is what Atlasia elections should be about: policy speeches and actual campaigning, not just GOTV on election days. This is what makes the game fun, and I commend you for it!
Angrie

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2016, 10:36:07 AM »

This is what Atlasia elections should be about: policy speeches and actual campaigning, not just GOTV on election days. This is what makes the game fun, and I commend you for it!

Glad you like it!

The Nashua Union-Monitor is New Hampshire's leading newspaper. It provides coverage of Atlasian politics, with a special emphasis on New Hampshire and the North.

SHEA-KUSTER RETURNS HOME TO CAMPAIGN IN BEDFORD

BEDFORD, New Hampshire (6/3/2016) - Angie Shea-Kuster talked to citizens and supporters in Bedford on Friday. At another in a string of town hall meetings on her "listening tour," she listened to the concerns of voters and told them where she stands.

Angie Shea-Kuster greets a Bedford man

The discussion turned quickly to health insurance and social issues after a woman stood up and told Shea-Kuster about her situation. The woman, who declined to share her name out of fear of retaliation, but who identified herself as an employee of Hobby Lobby, asked about contraception converage in health insurance. She explained that about a year ago she had been raped, but then her employer denied her coverage of emergency contraception, and she had to pay out of pocket out of her minimum wage salary. "Of course we should make sure comprehensive access to contraception is covered by all health insurance plans. That shouldn't even be a question. I am so sorry about what happened to you!" said Shea-Kuster.

Local issues also came up when a man asked about local police speed traps. Shea-Kuster responded: "Well, I don't know how much authority I'll have over that if I am in the Assembly. But it has really long since gotten out of hand. Especially along 101, they just set up shop and ambush. If you are a local, you are wise to it, they mainly trap outsiders passing through. Frankly, we all know it is a bit of a scam to bring in money from outsiders. But after a certain point, it starts to get ridiculous. Speed limits should be safety, and they should be enforced to maintain safety, not to raise revenue."

Bedford Police interrogate a victim. The individual was driving 36 in a 35 MPH zone, which changed from a 40 MPH zone just over a hill.

Finally, a group of several people stood up in unison and asked, "Angie, when are you going to run?!? When will you file for office! We need you, Angie!" Shea-Kuster said that she had been getting a tremendous reception all across New Hampshire. "Everywhere I go, people say, 'Angie, you've got to run.' I plan to file preliminarily for the Assembly. I'll turn in my paperwork in a few days, the lawyers are just going over it, and I want to talk to more citizens. If the constitution changes the offices, then we'll adjust our filing at that point."
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2016, 10:38:32 AM »

Nice!

- Governor RGN
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2016, 03:07:01 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies