CO: PPP says Gardner+3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:12:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  CO: PPP says Gardner+3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO: PPP says Gardner+3  (Read 4634 times)
backtored
Vatican City State

« on: October 21, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »

It seems Colorado is experiencing a miniature 1994

No, Hickenlooper should eek out a win and we'll almost certainly keep the state house and probably the state senate.  Despite the poll, I think we'll also narrowly pickup the Secretary of State's office, especially with Campbell on the ballot (even if she's overpolling, she's only taking votes away from Williams).  Coloradans can correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard Neguse has run a very strong campaign and is considered a top-tier recruit whereas Williams is considered a pretty "meh" candidate at best.  The Treasurer's race seems more competitive than I expected since I've never been very impressed by Markey, but it looks like she could win (although my gut still says she'll do worse than Neguse).  The AG race is disappointing because Quick seemed like a really strong candidate on paper, but I've heard Coffman proved stronger than expected and this always struck me as a race tied to the national mood...oh well Sad Udall has simply run an awful campaign while Gardner ran a better campaign than any other Republican Senate candidate (including incumbents).

TL; DR: Yes, we're facing some backlash here from the gun stuff, but this is hardly a 1994-type situation (if you want to see what that would look like, watch the results in Ohio).  Even Udall would've probably won had he run an average-quality campaign.  This will be pretty rough, but it isn't 1994 level-bad.  If it was, Hickenlooper would probably be doing worse than Udall (given that he's probably about as hated by Colorado Republicans as Barack Obama).

Democrats will likely lose the state senate and the state house is in play, although Democrats should hold it, albeit by a small margin. Hick tied, and that is assuming a decent Democratic turnout. If the GOP backlash or turnout is just a little stronger than the polling, then the GOP will sweep all statewide races.
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 10:05:34 AM »

The GOP leads by eight in the generic legislative ballot. That is....amazing. They actually might sweep the legislature with a boost like that.
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 06:37:28 PM »

If Republicans get the trifecta, the overreach will be huge. Beauprez thinks Obama wasn't even born here, so you can imagine what sort of craziness him and Republican legislature would come up with. That would destroy Republicans in 2016.

Wishful thinking. The Colorado Democrats (especially in the state House) are the beneficiaries of a vicious gerrymander. They cannot lose that chamber.

Not quite. The House is in play, but it leans towards the Democrats. It would take a pretty great night to take it. This poll puts the generic legislative ballot, though, at R +8, which would be amazing. So we will see what happens.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies