KS: Momouth: Tie at 46% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:58:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  KS: Momouth: Tie at 46% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KS: Momouth: Tie at 46%  (Read 2023 times)
Recalcuate

« on: October 20, 2014, 10:47:45 AM »

Monmouth can barely poll NJ, let alone Kansas.

This seems in line with the other polls. Republicans are coming home to Roberts after a nasty primary. I wouldn't be shocked if Roberts pulls it out at the end.
Recalcuate

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 01:19:14 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2014, 01:21:31 AM by Recalcuate »

Orman is tied or leading in the polls = Robert is going to win

this forum is weird sometimes.

If you dig into the polls a little deeper, the problem for Orman is that the majority of the vote that remains to be captured are likely the pissed off Wolf people that think Roberts is too much of a RINO (which he really isn't).

76% is not very good for an incumbent Republican candidate amongst his own party. You'd figure most of that vote would eventually come home.

The best Orman can hope for is that those folks stay out of the race. Let's face it -- the Tea Party wing of the Republican party is not going to vote for the faux-Independent/Democrat, who is really a liberal at heart.

I think that's why a lot of folks on here think that the third Senator from Virginia is going to ultimately prevail.

It's also a weird dynamic having no Democrat in this race. Traditionally Independent candidates lose steam in three-party races and aren't really viable in most D vs. I or R vs. I races.

I can't really remember a two-party R vs. I or D vs. I race that was competitive that didn't involve an incumbent I, so who knows what will happen with Orman's support down the stretch. Not having a viable Democrat as a choice here kind of messes with conventional thought.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies