CO-Gravis: Beauprez (R) up 4.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:16:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CO-Gravis: Beauprez (R) up 4.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-Gravis: Beauprez (R) up 4.  (Read 1339 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2014, 07:28:21 AM »

Beauprez (R) 48%
Hickenlooper (D) 44%
Hess (L) 6%

http://gravismarketing.com/polling-and-market-research/october-colorado-polling-of-likely-voters/
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 08:05:23 AM »

>Gravis, but this doesn't seem inconsistent with some other polls
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 09:30:58 AM »

If Beauprez is leading, it's definitely not by that much. This race is one that isn't going to be predicted by polls, but instead by actual voting on election night. Ugh.
Recalcuate

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 09:40:52 AM »

It seemed like their Colorado polls were reasonable and inline with the other pollsters. North Carolina on the other hand was skewed Republican.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 12:56:57 PM »

>Gravis
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 01:03:31 PM »

Though I do think Gardner may drag Beauprez across the finish line in the end.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 01:09:15 PM »

So, who are the reliable polling organizations and for which states? It's like in every poll that comes out, someone post ">(insert name)".

Gravis is not reliable for any state, they're one of the worst pollsters in the country. Neither is Ras, although they're somewhat more credible than Gravis.

SurveyUSA, Quinnipiac, PPP, Selzer, Marquette are some examples of pollsters which should never get a >.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 01:29:36 PM »

Though it could just be that the Democrats in Colorado don't really get down to business until the week of Halloween. Every time I drive from Loveland to Laramie through Ft. Collins, I see a lot of Leing, Gardner and a few Beauprez signs. I have just recently started to see Udall signs and a few Hickenlooper signs..and I do so a few big Polis signs now. It seems a lot like Steamboat Springs this time in 2012 where there were maybe a half a dozen Obama signs, a couple at the field office and a few on the front lawns of a few modestly wealthy activists, but the Romney campaign basically had a sign on every block downtown. Romney did better in McCain in Steamboat. He lost by 16 instead of like 22. Though I imagine that was because of turnout amongst the coal plant people in Milner and sich.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 01:35:31 PM »

So, who are the reliable polling organizations and for which states? It's like in every poll that comes out, someone post ">(insert name)".

Gravis is not reliable for any state, they're one of the worst pollsters in the country. Neither is Ras, although they're somewhat more credible than Gravis.

SurveyUSA, Quinnipiac, PPP, Selzer, Marquette are some examples of pollsters which should never get a >.

Of course some of these polls have stronger and weaker records in different areas. Take for example St. Pete Polls, which is the gold standard in Pinellas, FL and the 10th (or is it 13th) congressional district, but pretty republican leaning in the rest of the state.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 02:03:35 PM »

Though it could just be that the Democrats in Colorado don't really get down to business until the week of Halloween. Every time I drive from Loveland to Laramie through Ft. Collins, I see a lot of Leing, Gardner and a few Beauprez signs. I have just recently started to see Udall signs and a few Hickenlooper signs..and I do so a few big Polis signs now. It seems a lot like Steamboat Springs this time in 2012 where there were maybe a half a dozen Obama signs, a couple at the field office and a few on the front lawns of a few modestly wealthy activists, but the Romney campaign basically had a sign on every block downtown. Romney did better in McCain in Steamboat. He lost by 16 instead of like 22. Though I imagine that was because of turnout amongst the coal plant people in Milner and sich.
I thought we learned in 2012 that metrics such as yard sign numbers are not predictive of elections.
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 02:12:12 PM »

Gravis aside, not doubtful considering looking at other polls (Basically echoing what Freedom Hawk said)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 03:38:40 PM »

I've said this before when it shows a Republican lead and you don't bat an eye. How DARE Gravis show a Democratic lead, but they ARE accurate when a REP leads. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 06:37:13 PM »

Eh I'll disagree in some instances
RR1997
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 06:51:57 PM »

PPP is the best pollster out there.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 06:53:12 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2014, 06:55:56 PM by RR1997 »

PPP was also the most accurate pollster in 2012 (for presidential, senatorial, and gubernatorial elections.)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 06:55:54 PM »

Yeah, it's not a good idea to dismiss the best pollster.
KCDem

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »

Yeah, it's not a good idea to dismiss the best pollster.

Just goes to show how a big a joke the "independent" from Connecticut is...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies