Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:41:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 155185 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: November 06, 2014, 08:39:26 PM »

Now that Allison is gone and Bushie seems to have decided to become celibate, it appears weight gain is our friend's only outlet for happiness. 400 lbs by next year.

I'm not sure it's all that.  A lot of it is that Bushie has now accepted his parents and Granny as his social circle and they make bi-daily trips to Cracker Barrel and On The Border. 

Cracker Barrel doesn't make the caloric count available (but they do call the general info page "Wholesome Fixins"...my god the Clan Bushie can't resist such fake corporate pandering, can they?) but On The Border is about as loaded with calories as you can expect a faux-Mexican restaurant to be. 

Couple that with 2-3 trips to Braum's a week...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1076 on: November 06, 2014, 08:39:32 PM »

I am actually 285.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1077 on: November 06, 2014, 08:44:10 PM »

Is there a lunch spot near your new place of work that you can walk to? 
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1078 on: November 06, 2014, 09:04:05 PM »

Cracker Barrel doesn't make the caloric count available (but they do call the general info page "Wholesome Fixins"...my god the Clan Bushie can't resist such fake corporate pandering, can they?)

I went to Cracker Barrel once recently and was utterly horrified (and confused as to how the massive slab of chicken I was served only cost like $7).

Also, the median waistline of the patrons was well north of 40 inches.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1079 on: November 06, 2014, 09:12:32 PM »

Unfortunately, the closest places are 2 1/2 miles away.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1080 on: November 06, 2014, 09:56:57 PM »

So, yes.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1081 on: November 06, 2014, 09:58:57 PM »

I have a hard time believing this. Unless your office is off in an enormous cornfield somewhere, there is definitely something closer than that. There are restaurants everywhere.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1082 on: November 06, 2014, 10:09:49 PM »

I have a hard time believing this. Unless your office is off in an enormous cornfield somewhere, there is definitely something closer than that. There are restaurants everywhere.

My office is on the NW corner of the Oklahoma City Airport just across from Airport Rd and north of the FAA center.  It is a bit of a remote area as it is in a major low descent path to the airport runways.  Everything is closer to I-40 which is 2 1/2 miles north of my office.  There is a place about 3/4 mile south of I-40, but it is still 2 miles north and 1 mile east of me.  McDonald's is actually the only thing that is 2 1/2 miles from me and that is on the north side of I-40.  The other two places such as Chick-fil-a and Whataburger are 3 miles in opposite directions of each other.  Not to mention, but in west OKC, the lunch hour traffic is almost like a third rush hour and it still takes 10 minutes to drive to McDonald's, 6 of that is spent just going under I-40 as there are 3 stop lights back-to-back-to-back.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1083 on: November 06, 2014, 10:18:30 PM »

Nah.  That would take an hour both ways, probably.  I can't imagine Bushie is very fleet of foot. 

When is your priest going to get back to you about resuming walking?  I suppose with the job search out of the way that this is as good a time as ever.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1084 on: November 06, 2014, 10:21:44 PM »

Golden Touch American Grill
4517 SW 29th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73179
or
meridian pizza
2924 S Meridian Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73108
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1085 on: November 06, 2014, 10:30:39 PM »

Based on Bushie's description, his office is roughly in the middle of the triangle created by the 1, 2 and 3 pins.  (2 and 3 are nothing in particular, btw)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1086 on: November 06, 2014, 10:33:32 PM »

Bushie doesn't consider a non-chain restaurant to be valid eatery.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1087 on: November 06, 2014, 10:40:14 PM »

It really ought to be a good thing that eating out for lunch is apparently too difficult (and in fairness it looks to me like it really is).  Think how much money he'll be saving by bringing a packed lunch each day... oh who am I kidding it'll be six packets of ramen noodles.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1088 on: November 06, 2014, 10:41:52 PM »

Maybe he can get Grandma to pack him several ham sandwiches.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1089 on: November 06, 2014, 10:47:47 PM »

It really ought to be a good thing that eating out for lunch is apparently too difficult (and in fairness it looks to me like it really is).  Think how much money he'll be saving by bringing a packed lunch each day... oh who am I kidding it'll be six packets of ramen noodles.

So far, I have gone out to eat twice and taken my lunch twice.  When I take my lunch, I have two ham or turkey sandwiches with a slice of cheese on both, a bag of chips, 5 cookies, and a Diet Dr. Pepper.  I have eaten once at Chick-fil-a and once at McDonald's.  i am going to Whataburger tomorrow for lunch.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1090 on: November 06, 2014, 10:54:19 PM »

I am about to hit the sack to get 7 1/2 hours ahead of Day 5 of work.  Week 1 has been a great start to my new job and I look forward to closing it out on a good note tomorrow and resting up for Week 2!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1091 on: November 06, 2014, 11:07:04 PM »

So far, I have gone out to eat twice and taken my lunch twice.  When I take my lunch, I have two ham or turkey sandwiches with a slice of cheese on both, a bag of chips, 5 cookies, and a Diet Dr. Pepper.  I have eaten once at Chick-fil-a and once at McDonald's.  i am going to Whataburger tomorrow for lunch.

Whataburger to precede Mexican for dinner?  So bread, beef, and loads of cheese for both lunch and dinner tomorrow? 

RIP 200s : (
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1092 on: November 06, 2014, 11:11:50 PM »

Dear lord.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1093 on: November 06, 2014, 11:12:35 PM »

Dear lord.

If they are just Chips-A-Hoy or whatever it's not that bad. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1094 on: November 07, 2014, 01:55:19 PM »

Lunch time still has another 20 minutes.  This is a good day to wrap up Week 1.  I am still working on converting the drawings to Visio.  I should be done with that by 1445 or so.  Then, I'll be able to move onto something else.  It's taking me on average 3 minutes per drawing and I had around 90 to convert today.  Good thing is I haven't made any mistakes, yet.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1095 on: November 07, 2014, 01:57:48 PM »

So you're just loading files and saving them as a different file type? Tell your manager you wish to stay in this position. It sounds perfect.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1096 on: November 07, 2014, 02:06:45 PM »

So you're just loading files and saving them as a different file type? Tell your manager you wish to stay in this position. It sounds perfect.

Nah, wait a couple weeks before you even say anything to Mr. Boss Man.  Just "yes sir" and "no sir" and "done sir" for now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1097 on: November 07, 2014, 02:10:42 PM »

It's a little more involved than that.  I have to open them up in AutoCAD, then copy and paste it into Visio, scale it appropriately, then save it in Visio.  Its not complicated at all.  Pretty soon we'll get actual changes to make where I have to go in and make corrections to the drawings that i converted.  I'll have to make some changes in both AutoCAD and Visio.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1098 on: November 07, 2014, 06:07:35 PM »

I'm home a little early due to a slow day.  I finished my project at 1430 and basically twiddled my thumbs and lurked on here.  This is the calm before the avalanche.  All of our work will start coming in before Thanksgiving, then we'll be screaming for these slow days.  I'm getting paid til 1700, but got off at 1545.  Another new guy starts on Monday.  Like I said, we're slow today, but that won't last long.  We'll have enough work to last through March, maybe into April.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1099 on: November 07, 2014, 06:12:38 PM »

I'm home a little early due to a slow day.  I finished my project at 1430 and basically twiddled my thumbs and lurked on here.  This is the calm before the avalanche.  All of our work will start coming in before Thanksgiving, then we'll be screaming for these slow days.  I'm getting paid til 1700, but got off at 1545.  Another new guy starts on Monday.  Like I said, we're slow today, but that won't last long.  We'll have enough work to last through March, maybe into April.

Get plenty of sleep... but I don't need to tell you that!

How was Whataburger?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies