KS-PPP: Orman (I) leads by 3. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:04:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  KS-PPP: Orman (I) leads by 3. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KS-PPP: Orman (I) leads by 3.  (Read 4066 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« on: October 13, 2014, 03:12:51 PM »

Extrapolating the change from PPP's last poll, Roberts should take the lead on November 10th.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 05:24:04 PM »

Extrapolating the change from PPP's last poll, Roberts should take the lead on November 10th.

This is generally a very bad idea, from both a common sense and statistical standpoint.

Really?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 07:03:27 PM »

People keep missing my sarcasm... I am well aware of the problems of basing virtually anything on two observations. I'd be a poor economist if that weren't the case.

This is generally a very bad idea, from both a common sense and statistical standpoint.

Really?

Of course it is in this context. The slope up when where one is tends to increase as you close the gap. That is of course related to fundamentals. Booker in NJ has lost a ton of points in lead, a rather steep decline. Will he lose based on extrapolations? Of course not. Now Virginia, where the same thing is happening, with different fundamentals, is a tad more interesting. Smiley

I would imagine that any state "wants" to regress to its conditional mean more or less and the creation of "momentum" can create a positive feedback loop to accelerate that process. There is more than ample reason to suggest that Roberts could accelerate his rise moreso than Orman could do in a reversed situation. I was merely pointing out that the here-to-date closing would not be sufficient for a Roberts victory.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies