FL-Saint Leo University: Hillary curb stomps her opponents by double digits (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:55:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  FL-Saint Leo University: Hillary curb stomps her opponents by double digits (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-Saint Leo University: Hillary curb stomps her opponents by double digits  (Read 1266 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 13, 2014, 02:47:44 PM »

This suggests that Hillary Clinton would win Florida with the largest percentage that any Democratic nominee has gotten there since FDR won the state with 70% of the vote in 1944.

In case you were wondering, what about 1964?  LBJ won it  51.15% to 48.85%, which was his second-weakest win in a 44-state blowout.  

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 02:51:42 PM »

Just like that FL-26 poll that's tough to fully trust, this one is the same. I think Hillary wins FL but a 20 plus point win is not happening.

The ceiling for a Democratic nominee for President is likely 54-56% now. The only analogue that I can see to that is one of the Eisenhower elections of the 1950s. I figure that if that happens, many Republicans will be looking for a hockey or basketball game -- or possibly an old movie.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 12:00:15 AM »

Unless we have a near-flip between the Democratic and Republican Parties since the 1950's (I have made suggestions that President Obama has started picking off some of the demographics of Eisenhower voters of the 1950s) and Hillary Clinton holds onto those, Hillary Clinton is not going to win anything like 55% of the Presidential vote in Florida. Has the "Rational Right" started to drift Democratic without going to the political Left?

A few pointers:

1. Air strikes will at most weaken ISIS. The Air Force does not take territory or prisoners.

2. The economy can melt down. We have had a recovery that may begin to unravel at any time.

3. The Republicans have deep pockets for political campaigns.

4. The Republicans know how to exploit fear even if they are culpable of creating the fearsome situation. "Peonage or death!" is as vile an offer as "Your money or your life!"  -- but it has proved effective at times.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies