KS-Rassy: Orman+12 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:00:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  KS-Rassy: Orman+12 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should this poll be entered to the FORUM poll database ? (please read thread)
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: KS-Rassy: Orman+12  (Read 4122 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: October 09, 2014, 04:28:02 PM »

Glad to see the Roberts lead confirmed.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 08:35:13 AM »

Should this poll be entered to the database ?

I mean it was released by Rasmussen to premium subscribers and then taken back for some reason (maybe because they didn't like the numbers ?)

But we still have the results, the time when it was conducted and the sample.

I understand the desperation to continue this false narrative that Orman has a double digit lead but if a poll is only released to a select group then retracted, it shouldn't be entered.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 08:56:38 AM »

The poll had Obama's approval at 45%. They probably retracted it because it is clearly a bad sample.

Retracting polls because you don't like their results is just plain wrong. There is no excuse.

Facts didn't like the results either: there's no way Obama is at 45% approval in Kansas. He's lucky to have that rating in PA right now!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 09:16:33 AM »

The poll had Obama's approval at 45%. They probably retracted it because it is clearly a bad sample.

Retracting polls because you don't like their results is just plain wrong. There is no excuse.

Facts didn't like the results either: there's no way Obama is at 45% approval in Kansas. He's lucky to have that rating in PA right now!

That's not how polling works.

Ah, I understand. But disputing other findings in polls is still enough reason to throw them out, right?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 10:30:50 AM »

That's not how polling works.

Ah, I understand. But disputing other findings in polls is still enough reason to throw them out, right?

No, a poll should never been thrown out because of what its results show. It can be thrown out because it uses a crappy methodology or because it was done on behalf of a partisan cause, but disregarding a polls because its results "don't look right" is inherently stupid.

I think we are misunderstanding each other, my friend. I'm not saying the President's (inaccurate) approval rating per this poll is a reason to exclude it from the database but I do think it's further proof that the poll is junk. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies