Fox Polls for KS, AK, AR, KY CO (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:25:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  Fox Polls for KS, AK, AR, KY CO (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fox Polls for KS, AK, AR, KY CO  (Read 4557 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: October 08, 2014, 04:09:01 PM »

GET PUMPED

Is Kansas really a toss-up again suddenly? Was SUSA on to something in Kentucky? Why is Fox news wasting money on polling Alaska? Find out in an hour and a half.

How is polling a state with competitive Senate and Governor's races wasting money?   Even if they weren't, isn't more polling better than no polling?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 06:01:07 PM »

Quinnipiac's poll was wildly inflated, and it's pretty old by now. I think Fox News is playing games here, as most other pollster are not showing this many undecideds. They pulled a stunt with the LA-Sen poll.

Yeah, I'm sure the Democratic pollster Anderson Robbins Research who is part of the bipartisan duo that polls for Fox News is allowing Fox News to play games with polls by not reporting undecideds.  After all, they have no incentive to show the Democratic candidates up.

You just can't take polls that show your candidates down at face value, can you?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 06:44:52 PM »

Take many seats, please. It's the huge number of undecideds that make these polls suspect, seeing as no one else is showing such high undecideds anymore. Even if there is a Democratic pollster on staff, pollsters are still paid to do a job and pushing leaners was not part of the job.

So I guess the recent Survey USA (11%), Marist (15%) and Suffolk (13%) Kansas polls, which showed HIGHER undecideds than this Fox News Poll (10%) are even more suspect than the Fox News poll?  Or are those polls okay because they show the candidate you want in the lead and this one doesn't?

Plenty of pollsters are showing undecideds in the 7-13% range right now, like these Fox News polls, especially in Kansas.  Look it up in the database if you don't believe me.  Or just find another thing "wrong" about the poll to discredit it because you don't like the result, like you always do.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 06:22:18 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2014, 06:23:56 PM by cinyc »

I don't believe there are 20% undecided in Colorado this close to the election.

There aren't.  11% are undecided, which is pretty much in line with the recent Suffolk poll.  7% back one of the many other candidates in the race, which is slightly below Quinnipiac.  Unlike in some other states, Fox News didn't poll the other candidates by name but asked if they would support "one of the other candidates" in the race.  1% volunteered that they wouldn't vote in that race.  

Fox News polls keep people who volunteer that they wouldn't vote in a particular race in the overall tally for some reason.  I don't know if other pollsters do.  I guess they do it to keep the number of respondents the same for all poll questions.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies