SHOCK POLL: ROUNDS' LEAD DOWN TO 3%, PRESSLER SURGING SAYS SUSA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:05:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  SHOCK POLL: ROUNDS' LEAD DOWN TO 3%, PRESSLER SURGING SAYS SUSA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SHOCK POLL: ROUNDS' LEAD DOWN TO 3%, PRESSLER SURGING SAYS SUSA  (Read 4814 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: October 07, 2014, 07:01:51 PM »

Weiland needs to drop out and endorse Pressler (yes, I know he'd still be on the ballot). He has no shot. Only Pressler does.

Yup, I've thought this for quite a long time now. Putting this race on the board would substantially boost Democrats' odds of retaining the Senate.

Just a side note, aside from FitzGerald, is Rounds the biggest flop of the election cycle? He's definitely worse than Braley at this point. He might even be worse than Roberts.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 07:27:35 PM »

"Were Weiland to drop out of the race, 71 percent of his voters say they would back Pressler compared to only 9 percent for Rounds. That would give Pressler 54 percent of the vote compared to 39 percent for Rounds. As things stand, though, Rounds could be elected with less then 40 percent of the vote, the poll shows." Weiland needs to drop out right now if he cares who wins the Senate.

Holy sh[inks]. I hope the national party operators are burning up Daschle's/Weiland's phone lines right now.

Weiland doesn't have to drop out now. There's four weeks left. Let's see if the $1 million Democratic outside groups are about to spend here moves his numbers. He's only polling slightly below Pressler. It's too late to get off the ballot anyway.

Hopefully that $1 million is used to beat up on Rounds and not Pressler...
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 07:37:50 PM »

"Were Weiland to drop out of the race, 71 percent of his voters say they would back Pressler compared to only 9 percent for Rounds. That would give Pressler 54 percent of the vote compared to 39 percent for Rounds. As things stand, though, Rounds could be elected with less then 40 percent of the vote, the poll shows." Weiland needs to drop out right now if he cares who wins the Senate.

Holy sh[inks]. I hope the national party operators are burning up Daschle's/Weiland's phone lines right now.

Weiland doesn't have to drop out now. There's four weeks left. Let's see if the $1 million Democratic outside groups are about to spend here moves his numbers. He's only polling slightly below Pressler. It's too late to get off the ballot anyway.

Hopefully that $1 million is used to beat up on Rounds and not Pressler...

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/politics/2014/10/04/independent-pressler-faces-opposition-parties/16749013/

It looks like both parties are planning to bury Pressler Sad

Damn, that sucks. It will be really lame if this golden opportunity is blown.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 07:43:18 PM »

I love how people take a single poll to mean that Rounds is no longer heavily favored, remember he still has a massive financial advantage

Because that massive financial advantage has been doing him so much good, am I right? He started out ahead 20 points.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies