KS: SUSA: Davis +5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:26:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  KS: SUSA: Davis +5 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KS: SUSA: Davis +5  (Read 2226 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: October 07, 2014, 09:44:15 PM »

So adorable that people here, that claimed Brownback and Roberts were goners just a few weeks ago, don't think they'll make up five points in Kansas.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 10:00:28 PM »

Brownback will be re-elected.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 10:29:20 PM »

You act like the race is Safe R. Brownback has been in the same place or worse since December, and at this point I'd be surprised if he pulls off the win. Again, he has not broken even 45% in a single public non you gov poll since April. Take out Rassy, and there's not a single poll showing him at 45% or better during the entire cycle.

Look, if Brownback (or Roberts) does win, you can criticize me all you want on Nov. 3. But for now, your relentless belief that Brownback and Roberts will win is just silly.

No, not safe. Not safe for either Brownback or Roberts. But the races certainly isn't safe for Davis or Orman so let's not throw stones in your glass house, pal.

I'm just confident in the result.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 06:31:28 AM »

You act like the race is Safe R. Brownback has been in the same place or worse since December, and at this point I'd be surprised if he pulls off the win. Again, he has not broken even 45% in a single public non you gov poll since April. Take out Rassy, and there's not a single poll showing him at 45% or better during the entire cycle.

Look, if Brownback (or Roberts) does win, you can criticize me all you want on Nov. 3. But for now, your relentless belief that Brownback and Roberts will win is just silly.

No, not safe. Not safe for either Brownback or Roberts. But the races certainly isn't safe for Davis or Orman so let's not throw stones in your glass house, pal.

I'm just confident in the result.

Categorizing a race as toss-up, lean, likely, or safe is a way of assigning a confidence level to what you feel the outcome of the race will be. So you saying that you are confident in your assertion that "Brownback will be reelected" implies a confidence level of at least a lean or likely republican, which is why people are criticizing you because it is ridiculous to call this race either lean or likely republican.

While I get that point, the race can still turn for/against someone. "Safe" is basically "barring a major scandal, this one is over." That's not the case in Kansas this year. However, I can still be confident in saying Brownback will have just enough for a victory. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies