KS: Gravis: Orman +7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:24:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  KS: Gravis: Orman +7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KS: Gravis: Orman +7  (Read 3738 times)
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« on: October 04, 2014, 04:40:25 PM »
« edited: October 04, 2014, 04:41:56 PM by eric82oslo »

Gravis. Consistency dictates that no one is allowed to care about this poll.

Gravis is consistently bad in a specific way.  If anything, this suggests Orman is ahead by more Tongue

This. Gravis is showing Hillary doing horribly in all of the four states they've polled to date; California, Connecticut, Nevada and Iowa. Gravis has had an extreme R bias all year long. So taking that into account, Orman should be up by 10% at least.

I mean, Gravis showing Hillary would do 14% worse than Obama in California? Come on! Give me a break.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 06:52:16 PM »

So by that logic, All the polls that have Orman up mid single digits are wrong, and when you unskew this it will have an even bigger Orman lead?

One of those single digit polls increased to a 12% Orman lead once you excluded the undecided and "forced" people to choose between the two candidates. Evidence at this point suggests that Orman's lead will only increase once more voters get to know who Orman really is. One of the latest polls showed that one out of three Kansans still don't know much/any about Orman. Almost everyone knows Roberts though, and very few like him, even amongst Republicans themselves.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 06:56:44 PM »

Gravis is still a bad pollster, but what I think is going on is a clear Orman lead, and I think a lot of Democrats are saying Orman should be up by more are using past polling by Gravis (which usually favors Republicans) but they've gotten some races right in the past (the most recent one I can think of is the Florida Democratic Primary) and this, along with all the other polls showing Orman up by single digits, should show that Gravis isn't too far off.

Three polls, I think all three PPP polls, have showed Orman with a double digit lead, and that's with loads of low-intensity voters, that is mostly younger voters and Hispanics - typically Democratic demographics (though perhaps not quite as much in Kansas) - who have still yet to tune into the race.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies