CO: Rasmussen: Hick takes lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:06:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CO: Rasmussen: Hick takes lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO: Rasmussen: Hick takes lead  (Read 5346 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« on: October 02, 2014, 03:49:33 PM »

Rassy is now accurate since I like the results

You say this on every Rassmussen thread. Dems rejoice when Dems are ahead in Rassy polls because they are historically known to be generous to Republicans. Even if it isn't explicitly stated, it is universally accepted that >Rassy applies to every one of their polls.

So by that logic it is accurate when it shows a Dem lead? I'm genuinely, non-sarcastically curious.

Rassmussen is a consistent pollster. They have been shown to give an edge to Republicans of about 1 to 3 points in every poll (see 538 analysis, or every poll vs actual result ever). So if Hick is ahead four in this Rassy poll, he's likely ahead by more.

If it gives a Republican a five point lead, the same applies. The race is just a bit tighter than Rassmussen thinks, but the Republican would have an advantage in the race.

[Edit]: Although I'll give you that we have yet to know exactly what Rassy's bias is this cycle, it seems to be a bit better than the past.

The problem with this is 538 has shown that Rassy is imprecise as well as inaccurate (they missed the average result by 6 points in 2010)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies