Faroe Islands Parliamentary Election - September 1, 2015
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:08:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Faroe Islands Parliamentary Election - September 1, 2015
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19]
Author Topic: Faroe Islands Parliamentary Election - September 1, 2015  (Read 50698 times)
Ldrops
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: October 09, 2015, 12:42:39 AM »

Once again thank you.

When is the Folketing going to do the voting/approval for the Greenlandic marriage law? It seems Greenland wanted the law in effect by October 1, but Danish Parliament is taking longer with the bill than hoped.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #451 on: October 09, 2015, 03:37:05 AM »

Once again thank you.

When is the Folketing going to do the voting/approval for the Greenlandic marriage law? It seems Greenland wanted the law in effect by October 1, but Danish Parliament is taking longer with the bill than hoped.

That is very unfortunate after all the delay in Greenland.., but the change of government has likely affected this. The former government by Minister of Equality Manu Sareen actually proposed such a bill (L122) on May 26, even before the Inatsisartut had finalized the Greenlandic bill (on the same day) and it went to the Greenland Committee afterwards, but this bill has now been removed (or "lapsed") and I can see no new initiative.

The marriage equality part of L122 was linked to an update of the Greenlandic parental responsibility legislation to Danish standards (which is weird because the 2007 Danish Parental Responsibility Law has been the source of endless conflicts since it gives parents extended rights to see their children even if they are, well, not really suited to do so. Transferred to a Greenlandic context with their extreme level of incest and parental abuse this would be a disaster. It might as well be this aspect that killed the bill rather than the same sex marriage part.

Again, a Liberal government is unfortunately unlikely to give this high priority, whereas Sareen would have prioritized it. I am not sure I have the time to look further into this, but you can try checking Grønlandsudvalget (the Greenland Committee). The Minister responsible for family law matters is Karen Ellemann in the Social- and Interior Affairs Ministry, whereas equality is now with Ellen Trane Nørby, who is Minister of Children, Education and Equality.

Hopefully this delay will be rather short, but it might be difficult to trace exactly what is going on.
jmlv
Rookie
Spain

« Reply #452 on: October 09, 2015, 03:18:18 PM »

The new proposal for Greenland is expected later this autumn in the Danish Folketing.

Apparently due to the elections in June in Denmark, the proposal needs to be discussed again (for bureaucratic reasons I assume)

jmlv
Rookie
Spain

« Reply #453 on: October 09, 2015, 03:21:17 PM »

Here you go!

http://www.folketingstidende.dk/samling/20141/lovforslag/L122/index.aspx

My guess is that the text will be exactly the same...Just a new number.
jmlv
Rookie
Spain

« Reply #454 on: October 09, 2015, 03:32:56 PM »

ABout the recommendation to the Folketing to change a Realm law, and that takes longer, I wonder if it is different than the proposal in 2013, because by then they should have made the same, right?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #455 on: October 09, 2015, 04:23:26 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2015, 06:09:09 PM by politicus »

About the recommendation to the Folketing to change a Realm law, and that takes longer, I wonder if it is different than the proposal in 2013, because by then they should have made the same, right?

Its exactly the same situation. A private member bill to join (or opt-in) a realm law.

Since I do not feel like returning to Atlas and feel obliged to as long as this thread is open I am closing it now. The election was  more than a month ago and the gay marriage proposal can more properly be discussed in the Great Nordic Thread on IG, especially since the Greenlandic development has now become an issue as well.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #456 on: October 09, 2015, 04:57:46 PM »

Here you go!

http://www.folketingstidende.dk/samling/20141/lovforslag/L122/index.aspx

My guess is that the text will be exactly the same...Just a new number.

This is the old bill, which has lapsed. There is no info on any new proposal.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #457 on: October 09, 2015, 04:59:02 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2015, 06:08:46 PM by politicus »

The new proposal for Greenland is expected later this autumn in the Danish Folketing.

Apparently due to the elections in June in Denmark, the proposal needs to be discussed again (for bureaucratic reasons I assume)

Sounds plausible, but not on the parliamentary agenda. What is your source?

(you can answer in the Great Nordic Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies