Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 03:33:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 90
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 308130 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: September 12, 2009, 08:31:24 PM »

Can someone explain the constitutionality of the motorcycle bill to me please.  How is the naitonal government given the right to legislate traffic policy?  Should'nt this be a regional rights issue?  And why isn't the "Regional Rights" Party againest it?

So sue. I'm already in one lawsuit.

I plan to but I'm not quite sure, I'm no legal expert.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1126 on: September 13, 2009, 07:35:52 AM »

I believe Treasury is already in the job description of the SoFA.

There was a Treasury Secretary whose functions were devolved directly to the Presidency in the last Cabinet Restructuring Act.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #1127 on: September 13, 2009, 08:59:29 AM »

Can someone explain the constitutionality of the motorcycle bill to me please.  How is the naitonal government given the right to legislate traffic policy?  Should'nt this be a regional rights issue?  And why isn't the "Regional Rights" Party againest it?
Article I, Section V, Clause 10

To build or regulate the infrastructure needed for communication and transportation.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1128 on: September 13, 2009, 10:00:15 AM »

Article I, Section V, Clause 10

To build or regulate the infrastructure needed for communication and transportation.

I assume regulation of infrastructure can be expanded to include regulation of that which utilizes that infrastructure.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1129 on: September 14, 2009, 11:41:49 PM »

If it's not too much, would the Senate pass legislation making it a crime to reveal classified or top secret information? I figure if I am, indeed, going to be supplying that sort of info, there should be some deterrent from publicizing it.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1130 on: September 14, 2009, 11:47:13 PM »

If it's not too much, would the Senate pass legislation making it a crime to reveal classified or top secret information? I figure if I am, indeed, going to be supplying that sort of info, there should be some deterrent from publicizing it.

I have a problem because of the possible case than Senators could need a secret information to pass a law. Senate will not give all the control to the President and the DoEA, from what I am seeing on the Senate floor.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #1131 on: September 14, 2009, 11:47:47 PM »

One would assume that Senators would be permitted to see classified information.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1132 on: September 14, 2009, 11:51:45 PM »

One would assume that Senators would be permitted to see classified information.

I never assume things. I prefer to ask questions now. That is better than asking them when we will be in trouble.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1133 on: September 15, 2009, 12:12:29 AM »

I have a problem because of the possible case than Senators could need a secret information to pass a law. Senate will not give all the control to the President and the DoEA, from what I am seeing on the Senate floor.

It would really be up to the Senate how the law is crafted. I understand that information cannot only be shared with the PPT, but that is who the info will be released to in the Senate. The hope is that this person will share that info with the Senate.

Essentially, I will be sharing top secret info with the Pres., VP, SoEA and PPT. It is their responsibility to keep the Senate informed.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1134 on: September 15, 2009, 12:15:39 AM »

It would really be up to the Senate how the law is crafted. I understand that information cannot only be shared with the PPT, but that is who the info will be released to in the Senate. The hope is that this person will share that info with the Senate.

Essentially, I will be sharing top secret info with the Pres., VP, SoEA and PPT. It is their responsibility to keep the Senate informed.

I already know that. I was talking than we need an exception for Senators, since the PPT, the VP, the SoEA or the President could be prosecuted for saying it privately to the Senators.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1135 on: September 18, 2009, 02:31:36 PM »

Right To Life Bill

1. This bill shall make it illegal for any woman to have an abortion that results in the termination of a pregnancy.

2. Any woman discovered to have had an illegal abortion, shall be subjected to up to a $10,000 fine and/or 3 years in jail.

3. Any doctor known to have performed said illegal abortion, shall immediately have his/her license revoked, be barred from practicing medicine for life, and face a $20,000 fine and/or 5 years in jail.

Well that's a "Hells no!" from me. First, I completely disagree. Second, not even a clause to take into account the health of the mother?
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #1136 on: September 18, 2009, 02:33:26 PM »

Right To Life Bill

1. This bill shall make it illegal for any woman to have an abortion that results in the termination of a pregnancy.

2. Any woman discovered to have had an illegal abortion, shall be subjected to up to a $10,000 fine and/or 3 years in jail.

3. Any doctor known to have performed said illegal abortion, shall immediately have his/her license revoked, be barred from practicing medicine for life, and face a $20,000 fine and/or 5 years in jail.

Second, not even a clause to take into account the health of the mother?

That could be added potentially, if requested.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1137 on: September 18, 2009, 02:34:13 PM »

Forget it.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1138 on: September 18, 2009, 02:38:05 PM »

Indeed. It's already a firm 'nay' from me.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1139 on: September 18, 2009, 04:08:01 PM »

I wouldn't support Rowan's current bill, as there needs to be something in there for protection of mothers life. Once that is added, and possibly incest, maybe rape, this bill will have my support.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1140 on: September 18, 2009, 04:09:31 PM »

I oppose efforts to restrict abortion.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1141 on: September 18, 2009, 05:13:14 PM »

Hell no from my side too.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1142 on: September 18, 2009, 06:21:04 PM »

If it has exceptions for rape and if the mother's life is in danger I'll vote for it.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1143 on: September 19, 2009, 12:07:10 AM »

I dislike very strongly abortion, but no.

I wouldn't be against mandatory meetings with a psy to be sure than the person is understanding than an abortion has long-term psychological effects in many case, to be sure than the person took all things in consideration before making his choice, to be sure than the person is not pushed by someone else and other psychological issues.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #1144 on: September 19, 2009, 02:45:03 PM »

I wouldn't be against mandatory meetings with a psy to be sure than the person is understanding than an abortion has long-term psychological effects in many case, to be sure than the person took all things in consideration before making his choice, to be sure than the person is not pushed by someone else and other psychological issues.

This. I think this is necessary for a proper abortion policy.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1145 on: September 19, 2009, 02:58:23 PM »

Indeed. I support making sure that women know that getting an abortion isn't an easy decision like buying ice cream.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1146 on: September 19, 2009, 02:59:58 PM »

Indeed. I support making sure that women know that getting an abortion isn't an easy decision like buying ice cream.

My grandma worked as one of these in the early 70s when she was in college. She said that it helped a lot of young women understand exactly what they were getting in to and make the choice that best works for them.

Also, if you're going to try and ban abortions, you have to include a provision about the child's health as well.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1147 on: September 19, 2009, 03:59:10 PM »

It needs a lot of amending to be sure. If properly amended I could support it.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1148 on: September 19, 2009, 04:04:50 PM »

Amending?  This is the only kind of abortion bill that should ever be passed.  I applaud the senator for his bill and will firmly support such measure whenever I re-enter the senate
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1149 on: September 19, 2009, 04:05:58 PM »

Amending?  This is the only kind of abortion bill that should ever be passed.  I applaud the senator for his bill and will firmly support such measure whenever I re-enter the senate

Rowan won't be in the Senate though, so it'll be tough to get the votes for it.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies