CO-PPP: Gardner+2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:54:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  CO-PPP: Gardner+2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-PPP: Gardner+2  (Read 4366 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: September 25, 2014, 11:12:02 AM »
« edited: September 25, 2014, 11:17:05 AM by IDS Emperor Maxwell »

Excellent news! Still within the margin of error, but this may actually be winnable finally.

Gardner would have to be outside the margin of error by election day in order to be decently sure of his election. Buck was ahead by 1 in the last poll, but Bennet won by 2.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 11:36:12 AM »

Excellent news! Still within the margin of error, but this may actually be winnable finally.

Gardner would have to be outside the margin of error by election day in order to be decently sure of his election. Buck was ahead by 1 in the last poll, but Bennet won by 2.

1.) Unless you're on a Marist-only polling diet, the race has been essentially tied for the entire campaign.

2.) You're right about the lessons learned from Buck/Bennet.  With the exception of the low-turnout off-year 2013 conservative fiesta, the GOP in Colorado has frequently underperformed on Election Day.  Maybe 2013 was a signal of a realigned, GOP-leaning electorate, but otherwise I have to assume that the GOP will probably not do quite as well as the polling suggests.  We'll see.

To address 1), Gardner was doing fine enough, but with Udall barely ahead, it was bound to be Udall favorable, and to be fair, I wasn't really sure Gardner had what it takes. I'm still not, but he's proving me wrong.

That would line up with Gardner losing by a couple of points, same as Buck did.

The last PPP poll in Colorado that year had Buck up 1. Gardner up 2 suggests an incredibly narrow victory for Udall. If Gardner is up 3 or more by election day, he probably wins it.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 11:44:07 AM »

Either way, some of the crosstabs are troubling - While Independents are tied (undecideds there would be very Gardner-leaning is my guess), 10% of Democrats are undecided, and once most, if not all, come home, then Udall gets a decent sized boost.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 08:27:34 PM »

If you had told me that Mark Udall was more at risk than Kay Hagan even 6 months ago, I would've laughed in your face. Damn.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies