What do you do when you see a car with an opposing party bumpersticker?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:51:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What do you do when you see a car with an opposing party bumpersticker?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: What do you do?
Just keep driving and don't pay any attention

Try to get in front of them so they can read my bumpersticker

Pass them and give them the finger as I go by.

Say "You stupid moreon" in my car so that they can't hear me

Intentionally cut them off.

Other specify

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: What do you do when you see a car with an opposing party bumpersticker?  (Read 4208 times)
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2005, 06:59:37 AM »

Option 2
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2005, 07:25:07 AM »

On a totally unrelated tangent, the other day I saw a car with a Confederate flag bumper sticker (or maybe the Georgia state flag, but I think it was a Confederate flag) and a Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker. That confused me a bit, but it may have been just as a joke. There probably aren't many neoconfederates in my neighborhood.

Not everyone with a confederate flag on their car/clothes, etc is a neo-confederate. Roll Eyes
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2005, 08:32:20 AM »

If it's just a supporting the party sticker, I don't do anything. If it's a sticker supporting Kerry or Bush(or anyone else for that matter), I just feel sad to myself that people are too lazy to remove them so long after the election. Roll Eyes (at least one guy who has a 'defend america, defeat bush' crossed out defeat and replaced it with impeach)

I actually saw a car parked in a high school parking lot that had a John Kerry bumper sticker on it.  I found it a bit strange.
Didn't you hear what people are doing? They are leaving them on their cars as a protest to Bush being elected and so they can remind those who voted for Bush what a mistake, in their opinion (and mine, I just don't want to tick off the conservatives), they made.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2005, 08:53:17 AM »

If it's just a supporting the party sticker, I don't do anything. If it's a sticker supporting Kerry or Bush(or anyone else for that matter), I just feel sad to myself that people are too lazy to remove them so long after the election. Roll Eyes (at least one guy who has a 'defend america, defeat bush' crossed out defeat and replaced it with impeach)

I actually saw a car parked in a high school parking lot that had a John Kerry bumper sticker on it.  I found it a bit strange.
Didn't you hear what people are doing? They are leaving them on their cars as a protest to Bush being elected and so they can remind those who voted for Bush what a mistake, in their opinion (and mine, I just don't want to tick off the conservatives), they made.

That doesn't make sense at all.  Stop living in the past and realize that you lost the election.
Cashcow

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2005, 11:11:22 AM »

I think you missed the point. He lives in Canada...
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2005, 02:37:19 PM »

Other.
During the election, it didn't really bother me to see political bumper stickers, but now, since the election is over, I do anything I can to cars with Bush stickers.  My favorite is putting chewing gum under the door handles...  Very immature, I know, but if they don't like it, then they need to take off their stickers.  I did.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2005, 03:03:27 PM »

Other.
During the election, it didn't really bother me to see political bumper stickers, but now, since the election is over, I do anything I can to cars with Bush stickers.  My favorite is putting chewing gum under the door handles...  Very immature, I know, but if they don't like it, then they need to take off their stickers.  I did.

What county do you live in again?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2005, 03:24:36 PM »

Other.

You're a great representative of the Democratic party.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2005, 03:44:28 PM »

Other.

Of course he is and not only that but they believe in slashing voters tires.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2005, 04:57:12 PM »

Ignore it.

On a sort of unrelated note, anyone with stickers reading "U CAN'T B BOTH CATHOLIC AND PRO-CHOICE" or other aggravating political crap (liberal or conservative) deserves slashed tires. I wouldn't do it myself, but I also have no sympathy.

Someone gave me on but I don't put bumper stickers on my car at all (unless they are magetic or easily removable).

http://stores.yahoo.com/americanlifeleague/youcantbeboth.html  if anyone is interested.

---

About 3 weeks ago, I was on my way home from work and I saw a car with a Clinton / Gore, Gore / Liberman, and Kerry / Edwards sticker. Two days later, I saw the same car at the same spot.

I try to ignore them. However, I am less likely to let a Democrat bumper sticker over (except when everyone was evacuating from Hurricane Ivan).

Often if my friends and I see a bad driver, we say it must be a liberal.

Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2005, 05:02:29 PM »

That's nothing, in 2000 I saw a Hillary Clinton for Senate sign on my way to school .
I had a Bush/Cheney 2004 sign on my lawn, and made sure to put up lots of posters at school.  The latter was not well received.  The former was.

Answer to the question: I ignore morons.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2005, 08:28:45 PM »

I had a "Runners for Bush" Bumper sticker on my car, and my left side rer-view mirror was broken. I assumed it was the strange Temperature change in Iowa from very warm to very cold, but I now think it was some far-lefty. It happened in Iowa City [where I visit often] so I now lean to the far-leftist theory.
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2005, 03:11:32 AM »

Oh gosh, when I saw this topic, I laughed and wondred if it had my responce.  It did, option 2.  THat's what I feel like doing anway.

I know it probably is bad, but I have a "Kerry", a "Kerry/Edwards", an "Impeach Bush", a "Defend America, Defeat Bush" and a local candidate's bumper sticker on m car still.  Mostly it's because people know my car by those and I really don't car to scrap them off.  It's my political statment.

Also, I plan to admit defeat and realize my candidate lost when everyone with Confederate Flag bumperstickers takes them off and acknowledges that the South lost the Civil War.  If those are on 150 years later, I've got some time to take mine off.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2005, 05:36:21 AM »

I would aggressively beep for 10 seconds.
ian

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2005, 02:24:51 PM »

Other.

Pulaski
ian

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2005, 02:28:37 PM »

Other.

My theory is: don't rub it in my face if you won the election because I wouldn't do it to you.  And if you do, I'm going to be offended and stick gum under your handle.  Sorry if you don't like it.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2005, 03:47:45 PM »

Re-load. (Kidding) Probably nothing, I really couldn't care less.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2005, 03:50:53 PM »

Now I ignore it.  Option 2 during the election.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2005, 08:20:47 PM »

Other.

My theory is: don't rub it in my face if you won the election because I wouldn't do it to you.  And if you do, I'm going to be offended and stick gum under your handle.  Sorry if you don't like it.

You're a little twisted.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2005, 10:15:50 PM »

It doesn't matter to me. They are entitled to their opinions.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2005, 11:55:16 PM »

Other.

Pulaski

I should contact the local authorities are report you for vandalism of private property.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2005, 11:59:01 PM »

Other.

Pulaski

I should contact the local authorities are report you for vandalism of private property.

Neat idea. Problem is you'd have to know his name (which I doubt) and have some proof.
ian

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2005, 02:25:56 PM »

Other.

Pulaski

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  States, you are vulgar.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2005, 07:14:33 PM »

Other.

Pulaski

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  States, you are vulgar.

That is *SO* old news. Smiley Roll Eyes
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2005, 07:18:19 PM »

Other.

Pulaski

I'm sending a hitman your way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies