IA: Quinnipac has Ernst +6 and at 50%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:54:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  IA: Quinnipac has Ernst +6 and at 50%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: IA: Quinnipac has Ernst +6 and at 50%  (Read 3747 times)
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 12:25:51 PM »

New Poll: Iowa Senator by Quinnipiac University on 2014-09-15

Summary: D: 44%, R: 50%, I: 1%, U: 4%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
backtored
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 01:41:56 PM »

Two thoughts:

1.) Probably not six points.  I have heard that Braley has a very small MOE lead in internals, but who knows?  Quinnipiac might be using a voter screen that is more GOP-friendly.  I have no problem buying that Ernst has a lead, even if it isn’t six points.

2.) Wave.

If Quinnipiac releases a CO senate poll, I am expecting similar results. I agree with you that if Republicans are doing very well in Colorado and Iowa, they will probably win about 10 senate seats.

The GOP won't win ten seats.

Iowa has a weak Democratic non-incumbent candidate and Colorado is in the midst of a conservative backlash against an outrageously liberal state legislature.  Those are two local factors that make Iowa and Colorado unique versus other races.

I am not saying that Republicans will win Iowa and Colorado.  But I am saying that if they do, these are two big reasons why that have nothing to do with North Carolina or Louisiana.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2014, 01:59:36 PM »

The polls have gone crazy. So Ernst is ahead and NH is tied, yet Hagan is building a significant lead and Roberts seems toast? Either the former or the latter is dead-wrong.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 02:00:04 PM »

Two thoughts:

1.) Probably not six points.  I have heard that Braley has a very small MOE lead in internals, but who knows?  Quinnipiac might be using a voter screen that is more GOP-friendly.  I have no problem buying that Ernst has a lead, even if it isn’t six points.

2.) Wave.

If Quinnipiac releases a CO senate poll, I am expecting similar results. I agree with you that if Republicans are doing very well in Colorado and Iowa, they will probably win about 10 senate seats.

Iowa has a weak Democratic non-incumbent candidate and Colorado is in the midst of a conservative backlash against an outrageously liberal state legislature.  Those are two local factors that make Iowa and Colorado unique versus other races.

I am not saying that Republicans will win Iowa and Colorado.  But I am saying that if they do, these are two big reasons why that have nothing to do with North Carolina or Louisiana.

I'll buy that as much as 2004-2008 was a backlash against the very conservative establishment in Colorado.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 02:15:39 PM »

Two thoughts:

1.) Probably not six points.  I have heard that Braley has a very small MOE lead in internals, but who knows?  Quinnipiac might be using a voter screen that is more GOP-friendly.  I have no problem buying that Ernst has a lead, even if it isn’t six points.

2.) Wave.

Iowa has a weak Democratic non-incumbent candidate and Colorado is in the midst of a conservative backlash against an outrageously liberal state legislature.  Those are two local factors that make Iowa and Colorado unique versus other races.

I am not saying that Republicans will win Iowa and Colorado.  But I am saying that if they do, these are two big reasons why that have nothing to do with North Carolina or Louisiana.

I'll buy that as much as 2004-2008 was a backlash against the very conservative establishment in Colorado.

Which it kinda was
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2014, 02:16:01 PM »

The polls have gone crazy. So Ernst is ahead and NH is tied, yet Hagan is building a significant lead and Roberts seems toast? Either the former or the latter is dead-wrong.

Or perhaps it's happening
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2014, 02:20:38 PM »

Or perhaps this is just an incorrect poll, since it doesn't line up with anything else we've seen. Ernst is a horrible candidate and Republicans have pretty much admitted that they are not that optimistic about picking up the seat, that was stated in an article the other day.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2014, 02:37:29 PM »

Or perhaps this is just an incorrect poll, since it doesn't line up with anything else we've seen. Ernst is a horrible candidate and Republicans have pretty much admitted that they are not that optimistic about picking up the seat, that was stated in an article the other day.

This horrible poll is from a good pollster and the others sans like 1 in the MoE have bee questionable. If yuh PPP showed a lead like this would it be garbage?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 02:43:56 PM »

This does not negate the fact that Braley was a bad choice as well and this has become a close race when Braley was supposed to win it easily.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2014, 02:46:47 PM »

Probably an outlier, but thank God Latham didn't run!
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2014, 03:05:23 PM »

As spectacular as this is, it's probably not true. Ernst will certainly still win, but there's no way she has this big of a lead at this point.

That's absurd.

Not nearly as absurd as you saying Hillary will sweep the south.

Outlier, needs backup.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2014, 07:48:00 PM »

It's plausible different races are breaking in different directions as the low information voters start to tune in.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2014, 07:55:38 PM »

It's plausible different races are breaking in different directions as the low information voters start to tune in.

That's a good point there. Perhaps the Senate races in question simply aren't nationalized as well, so we shouldn't expect uniformity in the polling numbers.
KCDem

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2014, 01:39:49 AM »

Quinnipiac has a Republian bias in Colorado. This has been verified on multiple occasions.
rmh8824

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.87

P P
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2014, 10:04:07 PM »

As much as I'd love for it to be true....this race is too close, possibly the closest in the country.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2014, 06:54:27 AM »

Quinnipiac has a Republian bias in Colorado. This has been verified on multiple occasions.

That's a really good point. Braley can hold onto that point in his Iowa Senate race.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »

Both PPP and Selzer/Des Moines Register will release new IA polls in the next few days*, so we should know if Quinnipiac was on to something or if they are on crack or something.

* The DMR/Selzer poll is out on Saturday at 7pm, the PPP poll next Tuesday.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2014, 05:36:47 PM »

These are not house races Antonio. Roberts took his seat for granted in an era where incumbency is worthless and Tillis is proving to be a worse version of Rick Berg then Rick Berg in a state far less Republican than North Dakota.

These races are going to be individual enough so as to not be an either/or proposition.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2014, 08:06:15 AM »

The GOP and GOP front groups could be money-bombing any Senate race possible.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies