NC: Fox News: Hagan leading by 5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:47:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  NC: Fox News: Hagan leading by 5 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC: Fox News: Hagan leading by 5  (Read 1922 times)
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« on: September 18, 2014, 02:46:04 AM »

41% isn't a good place for Hagan to be (admittedly, Tillis' numbers are too low as well). While Hagan has a clear advantage at this point, I have my doubts that it will last. I agree with Miles that the movement of the large number of undecided voters should be closely watched in this race.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 04:18:50 PM »

I agree with Miles, I'd say Hagan could be ahead of Brannon by roughly 10 points. While he fared acceptably in general election polls against Hagan during the primary, I suspect his level of support would have dropped precipitously after winning the nomination as voters saw more of him. Brannon doesn't have the same flaws as Tillis, but his drawbacks are enough that Hagan would definitely have even more of an advantage against him.

Alternately, in some unlikely scenario Brannon could have ended up being a candidate like Joni Ernst, keeping the race against Hagan close (though Brannon probably would have lagged behind Hagan by 2 points even in this case), but I seriously doubt that would have occurred.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies