CO-Suffolk: Hick (D) barely ahead.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:33:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CO-Suffolk: Hick (D) barely ahead.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-Suffolk: Hick (D) barely ahead.  (Read 2391 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 17, 2014, 01:19:46 PM »

43/41

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2014/09/17/usa-today-suffolk-colorado-poll-senate-governor-races-too-close-to-call/15764355/
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 01:21:44 PM »

Looks more realistic.
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 01:43:32 PM »

43% for an incumbent only four weeks away from ballots dropping?

Ouch.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 02:21:12 PM »

Ouch.

You mean ballots being mailed in?
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 05:17:21 AM »

New Poll: Colorado Governor by Suffolk University on 2014-09-16

Summary: D: 43%, R: 41%, I: 6%, U: 10%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 01:23:55 PM »

Ouch.

Clerks start mailing ballots Oct. 14.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 07:23:06 PM »

Ouch.

That's good to know. Do you think if the Republicans win they will do away with it? What are their priorities anyways? I mean, this campaign has focused so much on swiftboating Hick...
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 09:18:25 PM »

Ouch.

That's good to know. Do you think if the Republicans win they will do away with it? What are their priorities anyways? I mean, this campaign has focused so much on swiftboating Hick...

I'd almost expect them do away with same-day registration and create a new voter ID law.  But the advantage of running against a generally unpopular incumbent governor is that you are able to simply talk about his policies the whole time.  To be fair, Beauprez has outlined a lot on energy development, education, and cutting the state's regulatory burden.  But he hasn't had to deal with anything truly controversial because Hick as created enough controversy for the both of them.

Beauprez will be hit pretty hard I'm imagine over the next few weeks to try to bring his numbers down.  I don't know if that will work or not, but that's what the left will do to keep the seat.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 10:27:17 PM »

Ouch.

I'd almost expect them do away with same-day registration and create a new voter ID law.  But the advantage of running against a generally unpopular incumbent governor is that you are able to simply talk about his policies the whole time.  To be fair, Beauprez has outlined a lot on energy development, education, and cutting the state's regulatory burden.  But he hasn't had to deal with anything truly controversial because Hick as created enough controversy for the both of them.

Beauprez will be hit pretty hard I'm imagine over the next few weeks to try to bring his numbers down.  I don't know if that will work or not, but that's what the left will do to keep the seat.

The Rs are overextended and if Quin and Gravis inflate Republican numbers yet arouse spending in Colorado, it could be very tough for Republicans going into the home stretch. But Beauprez is basically "Drill Baby Drill" and Rove-style "NCLB", then?  Education might be tough for Republicans to go on because of the controversy they are milling up in the burbs already.
KCDem

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 01:07:38 AM »

Ouch.

Except Hickenlooper isn't unpopular...
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 01:34:47 AM »

Ouch.

Except Hickenlooper isn't unpopular...
Uh, if he was popular, he'd be in a Likely D race. He's in a Tossup race.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 10:06:17 AM »

Even if Beauprez wins I still expect the CO House to stay in Democratic hands because the lines are drawn favorably towards them. They won't let him repeal anything they've passed especially the new voter laws.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 10:23:33 AM »

Even if Beauprez wins I still expect the CO House to stay in Democratic hands because the lines are drawn favorably towards them. They won't let him repeal anything they've passed especially the new voter laws.

The CO legislature would only go R in a landslide election?
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 11:32:02 AM »

Probably.  The Dems have likely already lost the Senate, but the House is a steep climb for the GOP.

Then again, the two generic ballot polls in Colorado that I've seen were R +7 (PPP) and R +6 (Suffolk).  Those are massive numbers.  But I also recall the GOP having a generic test ballot lead in 2012, and that didn't work out so well, either.  My hunch is that the GOP will have a slim majority in the Senate and the Dems will lose a few House seats but keep a slim majority.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 11:49:00 AM »
« Edited: September 20, 2014, 11:55:38 AM by MooMooMoo »

Probably.  The Dems have likely already lost the Senate, but the House is a steep climb for the GOP.

Then again, the two generic ballot polls in Colorado that I've seen were R +7 (PPP) and R +6 (Suffolk).  Those are massive numbers.  But I also recall the GOP having a generic test ballot lead in 2012, and that didn't work out so well, either.  My hunch is that the GOP will have a slim majority in the Senate and the Dems will lose a few House seats but keep a slim majority.

So, in the long run, Colorado will probably stay at parity? I'd rather lose this election and keep at least part of the Legislature so that Democrats get the chance to regroup without losing their achievements so far. To be honest, they went too far on gun control and aren't giving the devil its due on fracking (it is cleaner than oil and coal) but I don't want Republicans passing  personhood laws, allowing drilling near neighborhoods or near good hunting and fishing areas or believing its the public school's job to make sure kids become Republican.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies