Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:02:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 131022 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: October 03, 2014, 10:06:12 PM »

Maybe Bushie should be a firefighter. Not only is the job usually just sitting around doing nothing, the type of shifts they work means that firefighters are one of the rare jobs where a majority of their days are off days. Typically on call about 1/3 of the time, so Bushie would have 2/3 of the day to just sit around watching sports on TV and probably spending the majority of his time in the fire station doing the same.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1126 on: October 03, 2014, 10:13:59 PM »

Maybe Bushie should be a firefighter. Not only is the job usually just sitting around doing nothing, the type of shifts they work means that firefighters are one of the rare jobs where a majority of their days are off days. Typically on call about 1/3 of the time, so Bushie would have 2/3 of the day to just sit around watching sports on TV and probably spending the majority of his time in the fire station doing the same.

Wouldn't he need to be a little more physically fit?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1127 on: October 04, 2014, 12:36:15 AM »

yeah, I'm sure even the flying-the-desk types have to pass some sort of physical tests.  and if fire stations in Okla are anything like they are here, they're a bit cliquish and traffick in conspicuous, traditional masculinity.  Bushie would have a hard time penetrating that culture.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1128 on: October 04, 2014, 07:25:17 AM »

What exactly were you designing in your last job and what will you be designing in this next one?

In the previous job, I was taking existing drawings of large heating systems (boilers and electrical systems) for large refineries and detailing them, making revisions as handed down by the customer and the engineers.

In this new job, I will be mapping out the same heating systems on a fresh drawing.  For instance, I will be showing where the tanks are and all the other items.  The team who interviewed me said each drawing should take 15-45 minutes.  Admittedly, I may have cooked my own goose when I said I could get them done in 2-3 hours (this was before they told me 15-45 minutes).  I thought to myself, "oops".  I don't know if that statement leaves me out or not.  I'll find out Monday.

RIP.

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1129 on: October 04, 2014, 08:22:37 AM »

yeah, I'm sure even the flying-the-desk types have to pass some sort of physical tests.  and if fire stations in Okla are anything like they are here, they're a bit cliquish and traffick in conspicuous, traditional masculinity.  Bushie would have a hard time penetrating that culture.

and firefighters like to drink.  bushie thinks drinkers are going to hell.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1130 on: October 04, 2014, 08:35:51 AM »

and firefighters like to drink.  bushie thinks drinkers are going to hell.

Thank you for putting words in my mouth.

I have never said that, and you know it.  Having a drink or abstaining from it does not determine your salvation.  The Bible says it's okay to have a drink every now and then (Jesus drank wine and the Apostle Paul told Timothy to have a little wine to help with his stomach aches).  I like a little wine every now and then, although it's been over a year since I've had some.  The Bible just says do not get drunk.  Even if you do go overboard is not a sentence to hell.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1131 on: October 04, 2014, 08:40:25 AM »

bushie didnt you say that your parents would be very upset if they learned that you (at 33 years of age) had tried wine on a couple of occasions?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1132 on: October 04, 2014, 08:42:42 AM »

They did nothing but drink wine...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1133 on: October 04, 2014, 08:53:19 AM »

I think we found what Our Dear Friend should pursue (I think it was eluded to earlier on this page): he must run for, and win, elected office. And unless Oklahoma has recall provisions, he wouldn't be terminated from his position within like two months.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1134 on: October 04, 2014, 08:58:34 AM »

I think we found what Our Dear Friend should pursue (I think it was eluded to earlier on this page): he must run for, and win, elected office. And unless Oklahoma has recall provisions, he wouldn't be terminated from his position within like two months.

Any attempt by him to run for office would result in Mondale leaking Update to the media.

That would actually make for one of the weirdest political scandals of all time.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1135 on: October 04, 2014, 09:18:02 AM »
« Edited: October 04, 2014, 09:31:24 AM by memphis »

This is a very important point that, despite my interest in history, I never heard about in a formal classroom until a college class about the Roman Empire. You'd think something as important as the historical lack of drinkable water (and its consequences) would make the high school curriculum. Sigh...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1136 on: October 04, 2014, 11:27:32 AM »

Insh'allah!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1137 on: October 04, 2014, 12:11:57 PM »

Any attempt by him to run for office would result in Mondale leaking Update to the media.

That would actually make for one of the weirdest political scandals of all time.

Would it be a plus in Oklahoma??  Bushie being  seen as "common folk" down there??
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1138 on: October 04, 2014, 12:58:04 PM »

Oklahomans would be outraged that he regularly uses Satan's Typewriter.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1139 on: October 04, 2014, 01:16:10 PM »

Oklahomans would be outraged that he regularly uses Satan's Typewriter.

Also imagine if it were ever made public that he has consumed alcohol.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1140 on: October 04, 2014, 01:59:52 PM »

Admittedly, I may have cooked my own goose when I said I could get them done in 2-3 hours (this was before they told me 15-45 minutes).  I thought to myself, "oops".  I don't know if that statement leaves me out or not.  I'll find out Monday.

Yea, ya done, son.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1141 on: October 04, 2014, 02:23:47 PM »

Admittedly, I may have cooked my own goose when I said I could get them done in 2-3 hours (this was before they told me 15-45 minutes).  I thought to myself, "oops".  I don't know if that statement leaves me out or not.  I'll find out Monday.

Yea, ya done, son.

Yah.. you wouldn't be getting a call back if I were doing that hiring.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1142 on: October 04, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »

Yea, ya done, son.

How are you going to spin this gaffe into a victory?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1143 on: October 04, 2014, 03:21:33 PM »

Yea, ya done, son.

If I don't get this job, then there would be no victory, but still a chance to apply and interview other places.  The game does not end with this one interview.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1144 on: October 04, 2014, 03:32:40 PM »

Yea, ya done, son.

If I don't get this job, then there would be no victory, but still a chance to apply and interview other places.  The game does not end with this one interview.

Gaffe aside. Given your always optimistic view of your skills, does it worry you that you think it would take you 2 hours to do something they want in 15 minutes?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1145 on: October 04, 2014, 04:09:43 PM »

have you fired up the autocadd software?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1146 on: October 04, 2014, 04:15:04 PM »

Yea, ya done, son.

Gaffe aside. Given your always optimistic view of your skills, does it worry you that you think it would take you 2 hours to do something they want in 15 minutes?

I was trying to give a conservative response given that I don't know exactly what I'd be dealing with.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1147 on: October 04, 2014, 04:18:27 PM »

Walter, I haven't been home to fire it up.  I've been at the parents' sick.  I'm going home tomorrow, but only briefly to check my mail.  I don't even feel well enough to drive, so dad's going to drive me up there.  It's taking a while to snap out of this junk.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1148 on: October 04, 2014, 04:25:29 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2014, 04:44:38 PM by ℒief »

Poor Papa Bushie. Works eighty hours a week, grills the family its food, and now he has to drive all the way to Tulsa and back so that Bushie can check his mail (??). I just hope to God that Mama Bushie is still letting him have his train room.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1149 on: October 04, 2014, 04:42:04 PM »

Oh gracious. Poor Papa Bushie, but unfortunately, he's part of the problem. How can you be too sick to drive? I thought you were improving?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies