IA: CNN/Orc: Braley in the lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:29:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  IA: CNN/Orc: Braley in the lead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: IA: CNN/Orc: Braley in the lead  (Read 3736 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 11:29:59 AM »

If I were a Republican, I wouldn't even want Ernst to win. She'll harm the party by being such an embarrassment way more than her individual vote will help.

One senator either way, even when "control" is at stake, means very little. The exact count only matters when one party is approaching 60, and that's pretty unlikely to happen either way in the next 6 years.

And yes, I would say the same thing in real life if the Democrats had nominated a liberal equivalent of her in one of the close races.

Nothing Ernst would do or say could possibly damage the GOP in any meaningful way. They already have Cruz/Bachmann/King/Gohmert/Stockman etc. etc. and are about to perform respectably in the midterms anyway.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2014, 12:28:12 PM »

If I were a Republican, I wouldn't even want Ernst to win. She'll harm the party by being such an embarrassment way more than her individual vote will help.

One senator either way, even when "control" is at stake, means very little. The exact count only matters when one party is approaching 60, and that's pretty unlikely to happen either way in the next 6 years.

And yes, I would say the same thing in real life if the Democrats had nominated a liberal equivalent of her in one of the close races.

So youre suggesting the people of Iowa write in Mickey Mouse?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2014, 01:08:29 PM »

So youre suggesting the people of Iowa write in Mickey Mouse?

Braley isn't a conspiracy loon, he's just an incompetent campaigner. I don't anticipate him embarrassing the party once he's a senator (although to be fair, you can't always predict these things).

But yes, if the Iowa Dems had nominated a Dennis Kucinich-type, then yes, I would endorse a third-party candidate, and had, say, Kentucky nominated a Kucinich-type, I would endorse McConnell.

The only time I would deviate from this is if one party were on the verge of 60 seats.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2014, 10:17:59 PM »

I don't know why everyone is wigging out, 49-48 seems exactly right at this point.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies