CO: Rasmussen: Beauprez pulls slightly ahead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:54:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CO: Rasmussen: Beauprez pulls slightly ahead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO: Rasmussen: Beauprez pulls slightly ahead  (Read 2040 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 08, 2014, 09:48:33 AM »

Link coming.

Beauprez (R)- 45%
Hickenlooper (D)- 44%
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 09:49:27 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2014, 09:53:53 AM by backtored »

BEAUMENTUM.  IT'S HAPPENING.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 10:08:23 AM »

>
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 10:12:49 AM »

Beauprez leads by 1 and Gardner trails by 2.
Why?
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 10:54:00 AM »

Beauprez leads by 1 and Gardner trails by 2.
Why?

Because Hickenlooper is even more vulnerable than Udall.  Hickenlooper was a rubberstamp for a legislative session that was much more liberal than the state.  There has been an enormous backlash against specifically local legislation that has fueled a strong resurgence in the GOP's opportunity to win the gubernatorial and local legislative races (and other statewide races).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 11:01:55 AM »

Hickenlooper is in worse shape than Udall, because of the death penalty (which is strongly favoured by CO-voters, but Hickenlooper likes to pardon murderers).
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 11:04:09 AM »

I've also heard that, going into this cycle, Udall knew he'd eventually wind up in a tough race; he ran a more proactive campaign earlier. I think that might be part of why he's doing better now vis-a-vis Hick.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 11:07:14 AM »

I've also heard that, going into this cycle, Udall knew he'd eventually wind up in a tough race; he ran a more proactive campaign earlier. I think that might be part of why he's doing better now vis-a-vis Hick.

Of course that's all relative,

If the Republicans do well in November both Hick and Udall could both lose. Which is weird because I always thought that Udall was the one in more danger.
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 11:18:04 AM »

Hick has been viewed as vulnerable since the 2013 legislative session and the recalls.  A lot of local Democrats thought that Tancredo would be the nominee, which may explain any myopia on their part.  And I think that a lot of Democrats did then and do now find it inconceivable that John Hickenlooper could lose.  But those are the same Democrats who scoffed at the possibility of Democrats in D-leaning Senate districts being recalled.  Those are the same Democrats who thought that their education tax hike would pass.  I can’t say that it is certain that Beauprez will win.  It is going to be tight, most likely.  But I can definitely say that Hick has been vulnerable for a very long time and his party’s stubborn insistence that the state had become basically a blue state probably has a lot to do with that vulnerability.
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 11:23:35 AM »

Hickenlooper is in worse shape than Udall, because of the death penalty (which is strongly favoured by CO-voters, but Hickenlooper likes to pardon murderers).

Nope. The problem is that Hick didn't pardon anybody.  The problem is that instead of pardoning Dunlap, he simply wiped his hands clean of the whole thing and said that he wouldn't take a stand on the matter until he stopped being governor.  And then he threatened to grant clemency if the GOP made it an issue in the campaign, which, of course, they have.

I would actually support clemency for Dunlap, but I could never support punting on a key political issue like that.  I mean, they're showing ads now with the father of one of the shooter's victims calling Hick "coward" on camera.  That alone may be enough to sink his re-election. 
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 11:26:32 AM »

>Rassy

We'll see what other pollsters come out with.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 12:42:43 PM »

I really think that the mail in voting is going to be a game changer here. Also Marist just had a poll that had Hick up 4.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 12:43:11 PM »

Hasn't Hickenlooper made a few dumb gaffes as well? Still, Beauprez isn't exactly a stellar candidate, Gardner is far superior to him. I guess Udall has just ran the better campaign.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 12:52:51 PM »

Hasn't Hickenlooper made a few dumb gaffes as well? Still, Beauprez isn't exactly a stellar candidate, Gardner is far superior to him. I guess Udall has just ran the better campaign.

Beauprez just was found talking about RFID. We will see about this one but Hick was swift boated pretty good by the Dunlap thing.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 02:11:33 PM »

>Rassy

Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 02:12:25 PM »

>Rassy

Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 02:32:38 PM »

Find me a single Rassy poll in this state since 2008 that hasn't been a joke in the end.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 02:34:00 PM »

Panda Express

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 09:46:50 PM »

Rasmussen is notoriously bad at Colorado polling. Like, really bad. Still, it wouldn't be too terribly surprising if Hick does worse than Udall. Udall has waged a much more aggressive campaign, pummeling Gardner on abortion (the same strategy that allowed Bennet to beat Buck in the GOP wave of 2010). It doesn't look like Hickenlooper has been aggressive at all and he did bungle the death penalty issue.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 08:25:56 AM »

Rasmussen is notoriously bad at Colorado polling. Like, really bad. Still, it wouldn't be too terribly surprising if Hick does worse than Udall. Udall has waged a much more aggressive campaign, pummeling Gardner on abortion (the same strategy that allowed Bennet to beat Buck in the GOP wave of 2010). It doesn't look like Hickenlooper has been aggressive at all and he did bungle the death penalty issue.
Pretty much. I wouldn't say it was all not his fault. I would say he opened himself up to being swiftboated. I would say that Gardner has been successfully swiftboated.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies