NC-POS (R)/Tillis internal: Tie
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:55:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  NC-POS (R)/Tillis internal: Tie
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC-POS (R)/Tillis internal: Tie  (Read 783 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:57:54 AM »

44-44-8 Hagan/Tillis/Haugh

Methodology:

Public Opinion Strategies completed a telephone survey of likely voters in North Carolina for
the Thom Tillis Committee and the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC). The
survey was conducted September 2-4, 2014 among 600 likely voters, including 180 cell phone
only respondents, and has a margin of error of +4.0% in 95 out of 100 cases.

The sample is 72% white, 21% African American, and 7% other minorities, compared to 2012
when the exit polls showed 70% white and 23% African American. By party, 32% are
Republicans and 41% are Democrats. In the 2012 exit polls, it was 33% GOP and 39%
Democratic voters.

http://pos.org/documents/nc_sept_brushfire_survey_key_findings.pdf
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 11:01:21 AM »

Again, even the Republican firms have Haugh doing pretty well.

I don't expect to hear any more complaints about democrat hack firm PPP trying to make Haugh look good.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 11:02:20 AM »

Great news for Hagan.
Also, 8% won't be the Haugh % in November, so I imagine that a great number of Haugh supporters will go for Tillis.
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2014, 12:11:34 PM by backtored »

I mean, the sample looks pretty decent, but what exactly is the point of releasing an internal showing you tied when other polling shows you ahead?  Unless:

1.) The race really is tied (more likely)

2.) They think PPP is going to show a decent Hagan lead in their NC-Sen. poll release this next week (less likely)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 11:28:35 AM »

Also notice the NCGA approval is only at -2; that actually makes the NCGA one of the more popular state legislatures around the country. 

Most polls, though, have it down 2:1 or more.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 11:29:30 AM »

I mean, the sample looks pretty decent, but what exactly is the point of releasing an internal showing you tied when other polling shows you ahead?  Unless:

2.) They think PPP is going to show a decent Hagan lead in their NC-Sen. poll release this week (less likely)

Maybe they want to encourage their voters to turn out? It always seems in the interest of every candidate to claim that they are in a close race (and therefore your vote/money/activism/whatever could make the difference).
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 12:02:24 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2014, 12:12:00 PM by backtored »

Also notice the NCGA approval is only at -2; that actually makes the NCGA one of the more popular state legislatures around the country.  

Most polls, though, have it down 2:1 or more.

The PPP poll this next week will be interesting.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 03:22:47 PM »

I mean, the sample looks pretty decent, but what exactly is the point of releasing an internal showing you tied when other polling shows you ahead?  Unless:

2.) They think PPP is going to show a decent Hagan lead in their NC-Sen. poll release this week (less likely)

Maybe they want to encourage their voters to turn out? It always seems in the interest of every candidate to claim that they are in a close race (and therefore your vote/money/activism/whatever could make the difference).

Yup, exactly.

"Dear Supporter,

Today I'd like to share with you the results of this EXCLUSIVE internal poll that we are sharing ONLY with our supporters who were loyal enough to give us their email addresses. Beloved Tea Party hero Thom Tillis has surged into a tie with entrenched, America-hating incumbent Hagan. But if you don't donate $20 RIGHT NOW, she and Obama will be able to outspend us and bus literally millions of blacks and immigrants to the poll. Donate NOW or the Democrats will STEAL the election which is SO CLOSE."
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 06:24:39 PM »

Yeah but no one has ever said that the North Carolina race isn't close...
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 06:47:21 PM »

Yup, exactly.

"Dear Supporter,

Today I'd like to share with you the results of this EXCLUSIVE internal poll that we are sharing ONLY with our supporters who were loyal enough to give us their email addresses. Beloved Tea Party hero Thom Tillis has surged into a tie with entrenched, America-hating incumbent Hagan. But if you don't donate $20 RIGHT NOW, she and Obama will be able to outspend us and bus literally millions of blacks and immigrants to the poll. Donate NOW or the Democrats will STEAL the election which is SO CLOSE."

OMG. Such a racist, awful message. Who are these people?

America-hating? Really?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 08:46:18 PM »

Yup, exactly.

"Dear Supporter,

America-hating? Really?

It's a joke.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 07:27:22 AM »

I mean, the sample looks pretty decent, but what exactly is the point of releasing an internal showing you tied when other polling shows you ahead?  Unless:

Yup, exactly.

"Dear Supporter,

America-hating? Really?

It's a joke.

Indeed, though it still wouldn't surprise me if something like that was distributed.  Remember that "THERE IS NO GOD!" ad from 2008?  Tongue  lol
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies