ME-Rasmussen: In SHOCK poll, Collins (R) drops below 60 ;-) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:20:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  ME-Rasmussen: In SHOCK poll, Collins (R) drops below 60 ;-) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-Rasmussen: In SHOCK poll, Collins (R) drops below 60 ;-)  (Read 3408 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« on: September 06, 2014, 11:49:59 AM »

>Rass. She's still gonna win. Quit bashing her because she's a Republican. If you're gonna do that on party only, you clearly have no idea what she's really like
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 12:01:04 PM »

>Rass. She's still gonna win. Quit bashing her because she's a Republican. If you're gonna do that on party only, you clearly have no idea what she's really like

Who's bashing her?

On a poll that said she was dominating, people were reacting in disgust
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 12:01:40 PM »

I hate Republican hawk "moderates". I like other Republicans. Deal with it.

I hope Bellows could sneak a win, but the best I can hope for is her to cross 40. She's my favorite Democrat candidate this year.

If Bellows "sneaks a win", then it would probably mean that 2014 is Democratic Wave year of epic proportions.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 01:08:39 PM »

Susan Collins is worse than Ted Cruz

I'll have what he's smoking
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 05:30:14 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2014, 05:32:55 PM by FreedomHawk »

At the end of the day, Susan Collins is still a Republican. The people of Maine don't realize that a vote for Collins is a vote to give Republicans control of the Senate.

So what? The people of Maine care about the person and the issues, not the party. Collins is a good person who lines up with their ideas and is known for pushing the idea of working together, which is why Snowe and King are also so beloved, but LePage and Baldacci are so lukewarm there. If you're really going to say pushing to work together to END the gridlock is less important than a letter after someone's name and maintaining muh majority, then I have no respect for you whatsoever.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 09:01:21 PM »

More hackery from Freedomhawk. The "gridlock" is entirely a creation of the Republican party's abuse of the filibuster, something that Collins has had no problem voting in lockstep with Mitch McConnell on.

More like Harry Reid's abuse of an obscure rule that lets him limit amendments, refusal to even listen to the opposition, and hyperpartisanship in general.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 09:10:56 PM »

At the end of the day, Susan Collins is still a Republican. The people of Maine don't realize that a vote for Collins is a vote to give Republicans control of the Senate.

So what? The people of Maine care about the person and the issues, not the party. Collins is a good person who lines up with their ideas and is known for pushing the idea of working together, which is why Snowe and King are also so beloved, but LePage and Baldacci are so lukewarm there. If you're really going to say pushing to work together to END the gridlock is less important than a letter after someone's name and maintaining muh majority, then I have no respect for you whatsoever.

I had a completely different response to your Navy SEAL-esque ragefit because I dared to criticize one of the last "Rockefeller Republicans". Never mind the fact that Shenna Bellows' political views mirror mine, or that I think she's a good progressive like Sanders or Feingold or even Warren. The fact that she'd easily be my favorite Senator if she got elected is irrelevant. Apparently it's because I'm blindly supporting a Democrat and want a majority (because let's face it - you'd do the same for me). Hell, even some Democrats like her because she wants gay people to marry (even though she bravely came out for it as soon as she won her primary), or that she doesn't like guns, or that she believes birth control should be available. Let's look at some bills she opposed.

These are only a few of these important, common-sense bills that your messiah opposed, along with the rest of the Republican Party. Even her former colleague and staunch conservative Rick Santorum said that Collins was always a team player, and would vote GOP in reality. Yeah, she may line up with some of the Democrats' "pet issues" sometimes, but when it matters, Susan Collins bows down to Mitch McConnell, not the people of Maine.

Messiah? You're resorting to personal attacks now? Why call out Susan Collins, who is honestly meh but I still like her, a deciding vote in the Stimulus, for being a team player when that is EVERYONE? At least she advocates for compromise, which is different from being a team player, which, yeah she is in the end. And who are you to say she doesn't serve the people? Like any politician does nowadays. Of course she has an agenda, but at least she TRIES to advocate for compromise against the hyperpartisanship that drove out her long-time colleague and frenemy out of the Senate in the first place due to hacks like Harry Reid. Bellows is a swell person, from what I've read, but in the end, she'd be just as partisan as anyone, so don't go treating HER like some messiah when she'd be doing just what Collins does, but with a D after her name and with hyperpartisan tendencies
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 09:18:47 PM »

If hyperpartisanship wasn't an issue, why would Snowe have left if she was all lined up to run and was basically guaranteed to win?
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 06:40:41 PM »

Yeah, I would rather have a Democrat in her seat. More Democrats in congress means a better chance at an actually functioning legislative branch.

Yeah....we have gotten to that point with the GOP.

Uhh, how are Democrats in charge automatically going to make it functional? It is the divide that is hurting everything.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies