LA-Rasmussen: Cassidy (R) takes the lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:49:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  LA-Rasmussen: Cassidy (R) takes the lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA-Rasmussen: Cassidy (R) takes the lead  (Read 3158 times)
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« on: September 04, 2014, 02:46:51 PM »

Given that Landrieu has won two runoffs in the past, I'm guessing that she's not in the hideous shape that some people think she's in.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 07:00:56 AM »

Given that Landrieu has won two runoffs in the past, I'm guessing that she's not in the hideous shape that some people think she's in.
Louisiana has gone farther to the right, Obama is deeply unpopular, and the race would be heavily nationalized in a runoff, especially if Senate control is up for grabs. She may be a skilled politician, but this is going to be an environment unlike what she has faced in past elections.

He was at the top of the ticket when she won an outright majority in 2008. In fact, she outperformed Barack Obama that year by over 200,000 votes.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 10:44:47 PM »

Louisiana has gone farther to the right, Obama is deeply unpopular, and the race would be heavily nationalized in a runoff, especially if Senate control is up for grabs. She may be a skilled politician, but this is going to be an environment unlike what she has faced in past elections.

He was at the top of the ticket when she won an outright majority in 2008. In fact, she outperformed Barack Obama that year by over 200,000 votes.

2008 was also a wave year for Dems.

That was also a state that Barack Obama lost by ~20.

It would be one thing to argue if Democrats' performance was inflated in Louisiana due to a wave, but don't pretend like this was the case here.

You're either joking or trolling, but I don't know which.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies