FL: Tampa Bay Times: Scott opening lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:04:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL: Tampa Bay Times: Scott opening lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: Tampa Bay Times: Scott opening lead  (Read 2514 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 05, 2014, 10:54:45 AM »

Even if the poll weren't junk if I'm an incumbent 41% is the last place I would want to be there have been few polls with Scott even breaking 45%.
How can I take your opinions on polls seriously when you can't even make a post without a run on sentence?

Ehh... 2018 is the election that matters for FL Democrats.  And if I were them, I would rather be running at the end of Scott's 2nd term than trying to get Crist re-elected against a normal, ethical generic GOP opponent.

I really rather wouldn't - it's probably easier to re-elect an incumbent Democrat than try to win an open seat (with what candidate?) against Adam Putnam.
Isn't Crist term limited though? He can't run for reelection in 2018 IIRC. If I am right (and a little research on my part would most likely prove me wrong), the Democrats will have to find someone else to run. Crist will run for Senate in that case (unless Nelson doesn't retire, but I suspect he has run his last race).

I think Florida election law states that people are term limited after two consecutive terms.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies