Who will win in Colorado?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:55:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who will win in Colorado?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Who will win in Colorado?
Mark Udall (D), I

Cory Gardner (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Author Topic: Who will win in Colorado?  (Read 6213 times)
Clermont County GOPer
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2014, 07:50:10 PM »

Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2014, 08:44:41 PM »

Udall.  Gardner's record on reproductive rights is an albatross in this state and I think women voters will seal his fate.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2015, 11:45:47 AM »

Udall.  Gardner's record on reproductive rights is an albatross in this state and I think women voters will seal his fate.

How's Senator Udall's 2nd term working out?

Esp. Since his "War on Women" campagin utterly obliterated Gardner right? Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2015, 11:51:32 AM »

lolkevin
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2015, 11:52:32 AM »

The G O P have better turnout in midterms in CO than in presidential years. And they used their best candidate to win. They didnt win the Gov mansion, so some of Udall's vote rubbed off on Hick.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2015, 03:44:43 PM »

The G O P have better turnout in midterms in CO than in presidential years.

There is no group that turns out better in midterms than presidential years.

And they used their best candidate to win. They didnt win the Gov mansion, so some of Udall's vote rubbed off on Hick.

The first sentence makes sense, and is true, but I don't know what you mean about Udall's vote rubbing off on Hick. Hick was and remains the stronger candidate by a non-negligible amount.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2015, 04:00:09 PM »

Didn't you leave the forum forever because we were all hacks predicting that Obama would win re-election?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2015, 04:21:24 PM »

Lol. Panda Express, where is Zoey Deschanel?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2015, 06:19:51 PM »

Hi all,

I have not been around in a while as I have been very busy with school and other things going on in my life. However, I've come to the decision to quite the Atlas Forum and for this time permanently. The foremost reason for me quitting is that I simply do not have the time given that I'm busy wrapping up my undergraduate career. But also given that the Atlas Forum is simply not a fun or interesting place to get my political fix anymore and it has been trending that way for quite a long time.

All of which is because I've become turned off to the Atlas, by the fact that composition of this forum has changed from a place on the internet where posters from all sorts of political persuasions could have interesting, reasonable and semi-civilized conversations about politics. To a Forum that is dominated by far-left posters who appear to only be on here to push their talking points and drive out those who don't agree with them. This problem can be seen in several ways.

For example, I've noticed a trend over the past year and a half or so where most of the articles posted in ether the 2012 Presidential Election section are harshly critical of Republican's while for the most part leaving out any faults of Obama/the Democrats. However, it's not so much that they are critical of Conservatives but they do it in a way that is simply hyperbole as an instance one poster in the 2012 section(whose name I will eave out) posted as a thread title "That Governor Scott working overtime to steal Florida for Romney". I could also choose numerous other examples. Likewise in many of these threads most of the active posters on here it seems echo these sentiments. What's more is that one can not simply engage in any political conversation on here about polls, scenarios, without getting numerous responses along the line of  "no your wrong" Democratic Congressman X is leading by 50 points in a red district despite being found with a dead hooker in his closet". Or "that James Carville is wrong to criticize President Obama' he is just another right-wing hack ".  The commentary on just about anything on here is heavily biased towards the left.

This forum also used to be a place very much in touch with political reality as a whole but not anymore just earlier I was reading that the average gauge of electoral votes for Obama is going to be around 310-350 or a similar repeat of his 2008 margin. Which for ether ether candidate in this race is most likely going to be impossible to replicate. Or my favorite so far for the state I live in along the lines  "No Virginia is another New Jersey because of all the  quintessential Obama voters moving into it" As said by a poster who doesn't even live in my state let alone probably haven't even been to it. 

All of this is leading me to end my participation on here for good, given that the majority of the post's it seems aren't worth the effort to even visit.  And with that I also say that I do not see great things in the future of the Atlas in general if it's poster base persists  being what it is now/doesn't revert back to the more balanced place we once had.

With that farewell!(Not that I'll be missed anyways given the attitude on here towards me)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2015, 07:54:26 PM »

The Democrat will win because it's a close race in Colorado. That's how this works.
Udall would've won if the election was on the day I posted this Cry
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2015, 08:29:31 PM »

The Democrat will win because it's a close race in Colorado. That's how this works.

Well, thank goodness it wasn't.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2015, 10:11:45 PM »

Hi all,

I have not been around in a while as I have been very busy with school and other things going on in my life. However, I've come to the decision to quite the Atlas Forum and for this time permanently. The foremost reason for me quitting is that I simply do not have the time given that I'm busy wrapping up my undergraduate career. But also given that the Atlas Forum is simply not a fun or interesting place to get my political fix anymore and it has been trending that way for quite a long time.

All of which is because I've become turned off to the Atlas, by the fact that composition of this forum has changed from a place on the internet where posters from all sorts of political persuasions could have interesting, reasonable and semi-civilized conversations about politics. To a Forum that is dominated by far-left posters who appear to only be on here to push their talking points and drive out those who don't agree with them. This problem can be seen in several ways.

For example, I've noticed a trend over the past year and a half or so where most of the articles posted in ether the 2012 Presidential Election section are harshly critical of Republican's while for the most part leaving out any faults of Obama/the Democrats. However, it's not so much that they are critical of Conservatives but they do it in a way that is simply hyperbole as an instance one poster in the 2012 section(whose name I will eave out) posted as a thread title "That Governor Scott working overtime to steal Florida for Romney". I could also choose numerous other examples. Likewise in many of these threads most of the active posters on here it seems echo these sentiments. What's more is that one can not simply engage in any political conversation on here about polls, scenarios, without getting numerous responses along the line of  "no your wrong" Democratic Congressman X is leading by 50 points in a red district despite being found with a dead hooker in his closet". Or "that James Carville is wrong to criticize President Obama' he is just another right-wing hack ".  The commentary on just about anything on here is heavily biased towards the left.

This forum also used to be a place very much in touch with political reality as a whole but not anymore just earlier I was reading that the average gauge of electoral votes for Obama is going to be around 310-350 or a similar repeat of his 2008 margin. Which for ether ether candidate in this race is most likely going to be impossible to replicate. Or my favorite so far for the state I live in along the lines  "No Virginia is another New Jersey because of all the  quintessential Obama voters moving into it" As said by a poster who doesn't even live in my state let alone probably haven't even been to it. 

All of this is leading me to end my participation on here for good, given that the majority of the post's it seems aren't worth the effort to even visit.  And with that I also say that I do not see great things in the future of the Atlas in general if it's poster base persists  being what it is now/doesn't revert back to the more balanced place we once had.

With that farewell!(Not that I'll be missed anyways given the attitude on here towards me)

My favorite part is suggesting Obama will win 310 electoral votes is extremely unreasonable. Reminds me of the people who say you're a "Hillary hack" on the 2016 board if you dare make the implication that 332 electoral votes isn't the absolute Democratic ceiling under any circumstances.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2015, 10:39:04 PM »

Regardless of Udall's actions as a Senator, he deserved to lose because of how bungled his campaign was. No one who runs a one-issue campaign deserves to win.

If Gardner breaks his commitment to moderation, and Udall learns how to run a good, multiple issue campaign, then Udall will have my support if he wants to run again in 2020.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2015, 10:44:23 PM »

Hi all,

My favorite part is suggesting Obama will win 310 electoral votes is extremely unreasonable. Reminds me of the people who say you're a "Hillary hack" on the 2016 board if you dare make the implication that 332 electoral votes isn't the absolute Democratic ceiling under any circumstances.

This. Hillary's absolute ceiling is actually about 399 (Obama '12 + NC, GA, AZ, NE-2, MO, MT, IN (listed from least to most difficult)), not 332.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2015, 01:16:09 AM »

This. Hillary's absolute ceiling is actually about 399 (Obama '12 + NC, NE-2, MO, IN, GA, AZ, MT (listed from least to most difficult)), not 332.

Fixed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies