VT: Rasmussen: Gov. Shumlin (D) ahead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:15:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  VT: Rasmussen: Gov. Shumlin (D) ahead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VT: Rasmussen: Gov. Shumlin (D) ahead  (Read 3771 times)
GaussLaw
« on: August 29, 2014, 09:28:15 PM »

Vermonters must think there are two separate republican parties or something, and that the one in vermont is different than the "big" one.

Yeah. I just don't understand how a state could elect a Senator like Bernie Sanders twice comfortably, and have the Democratic Governor leading by less than 20.

Yeah, Vermont has a Republican lieutenant governor who won with 57% in 2012, basically getting nearly 1/2 of Obama voters.  It's just incredible.
GaussLaw
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 09:45:59 PM »

Vermonters must think there are two separate republican parties or something, and that the one in vermont is different than the "big" one.

Yeah. I just don't understand how a state could elect a Senator like Bernie Sanders twice comfortably, and have the Democratic Governor leading by less than 20.

Yeah, Vermont has a Republican lieutenant governor who won with 57% in 2012, basically getting nearly 1/2 of Obama voters.  It's just incredible.

His name is Phil Scott - he's a real stand up guy in my opinion. Probably my favorite Republican in New England.

If I were one of the Democrats who lost to him (in 2010 or 2012), I'd feel pretty bad.  Losing a statewide race in Vermont as a Democrat seems pretty embarrassing, even if they have some local GOP influence.

What did Phil Scott do to make himself so popular?  In 2010, Shumlin barely won so it's not too surprising that he got in.  But he increased his support from 2010 to 2012.  That's an impressive feat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies