Peters up six in Michigan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:46:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  Peters up six in Michigan
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Peters up six in Michigan  (Read 602 times)
backtored
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:12:25 PM »

http://www.wxyz.com/news/political/exclusive-poll-gary-peters-leads-in-senate-race-terri-lynn-land-closing-the-gap

Peters (D) 45
Land (R) 39

backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 09:14:10 PM »

In a poll showing Snyder down two, I thought Land would be down by more than six.  With 16% still undecided, this is definitely a race that the GOP can still win.
KCDem

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 09:38:40 PM »

In a poll showing Snyder down two, I thought Land would be down by more than six.  With 16% still undecided, this is definitely a race that the GOP can still win.

No. Just no.

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 09:40:55 PM »

He was always gonna win by 6-8 IMO.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 09:44:51 PM »

No. Just no.

This is definitely still a potential for republicans. It was one of the most competitive races earlier in the year, and while Peters has a definite advantage now, he's failed to really pull away with this race. I definitely see this race flipping before NH or MN.
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 09:46:05 PM »

Terry Lynn Land, much like communism, is great on paper. She's a former statewide official and is married to Mr. Moneybags. But she has acquitted herself terribly on the campaign trail, and has basically blown what might have otherwise been winnable for her. Snyder's quickly-sinking fortunes certainly don't help her either, especially since even at the peak of her good polling she was running several points behind Snyder.
KCDem

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 10:06:54 PM »

No. Just no.

This is definitely still a potential for republicans. It was one of the most competitive races earlier in the year, and while Peters has a definite advantage now, he's failed to really pull away with this race. I definitely see this race flipping before NH or MN.

Which is a moot point since neither will flip. The fact is TLL is a terrible candidate with absurd policy positions (or more like a lack thereof) in a blue state like Michigan. *cue the blue avatars to call Michigan a swing state*
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 10:54:03 PM »

Even Tim Phillips (the AFP leader) said that MI is an "uphill climb" at their closed-door fundraiser last month. 'Tells you all you need to know.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 07:24:00 AM »

No. Just no.

It was competitive, until the race actually got underway. TLL has refused to take any meaningful policy positions, and her public appearances have been a disaster (see: Mackinac). The more people see Gary Peters, the more comfortable they feel with sending a Democrat back to Washington. The more they see Terri, the more they realize she isn't ready for prime time.

Even though his lead isn't huge and hasn't really grown in a couple of months, it's stubborn and won't go away. Peters is killing the clock by running the ball--Terri is hoping Peters fumbles the ball.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies