IA-PPP: Braley (D) up 1.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:20:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  IA-PPP: Braley (D) up 1.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: IA-PPP: Braley (D) up 1.  (Read 4673 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2014, 05:37:41 PM »

I know people here really like Ernst, but this is fool's gold. At this point, if she can't manage an actual lead and none of her crazy antics have been put into ads yet, she's not going to win.

Nobody "likes" Ernst here, you're arguing with nobody.

You're the one trying to start an argument. It seems like quite a few people here overestimate certain candidates, and Ernst is one of them. That's a certain degree of like.

There is a poster here who claimed that Ernst just misspoke and that Democrats were unfairly attacking her, so it's not like there is "nobody" on here who likes or supports Ernst.

It's not that people are overestimating her, it's that people are correctly estimating how bad a campaigner Braley is.

THIS
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2014, 06:32:30 PM »

I know people here really like Ernst, but this is fool's gold. At this point, if she can't manage an actual lead and none of her crazy antics have been put into ads yet, she's not going to win.

KCDem

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2014, 06:39:57 PM »

Gross.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2014, 10:41:37 AM »

Gross.

I support Ernst. Btw it is not in good form to call people who don't agree with you "gross".
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2014, 12:18:51 PM »

Gross.

I support Ernst. Btw it is not in good form to call people who don't agree with you "gross".

Ernst is Michele Bachmann with a pitchfork. Supporting her is gross.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 12:50:10 PM »

Gross.

Ernst is Michele Bachmann with a pitchfork. Supporting her is gross.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I still like Ernst regardless of other people's negative view of her.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2014, 01:00:46 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2014, 02:47:56 PM »

...and I'm also entitled to mine, and mine just so happens to be that Joni Ernst is a right-wing nutjob who should be nowhere near the Senate.
JRP1994

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2014, 03:03:23 PM »

I just don't see a republican pickup here. Obama won the state handily in 12.

<6% ≠ handily
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2014, 10:10:37 PM »

...and I'm also entitled to mine, and mine just so happens to be that Joni Ernst is a right-wing nutjob who should be nowhere near the Senate.

I honestly didn't expect a gif of Taylor Swift raising her hand to cause the discussion we're having! Cheesy

But anyhow, I like Ernst, you don't, and there's no problem with that. I actually found it pretty amusing that people chose "gross" as the word to describe my support of her.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2014, 10:15:23 PM »

I honestly didn't expect a gif of Taylor Swift raising her hand to cause the discussion we're having! Cheesy

But anyhow, I like Ernst, you don't, and there's no problem with that. I actually found it pretty amusing that people chose "gross" as the word to describe my support of her.

Same. I mean I f**k with T-Swizzle (at least pre-Shake It Off) so you're good in my book.

So is everyone else, really.
KCDem

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2014, 10:28:01 PM »

...and I extend that to people who support despicable candidates. If you support a candidate I find horrendous, that colors my opinion of you. The fact that you could support Ernst, who is arguably one of the most disgustingly extreme and perverse senate candidates this cycle, disgusts me and lowers my opinion of you. Sorry to come off as an ass, but it's my opinion Tongue
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2014, 11:42:52 PM »

"Perverse" is quite the charge, one that has gotten a poster banned from here for using before. What exactly has Ernst done that qualifies as perverse?
KCDem

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2014, 11:53:40 PM »

"Perverse" is quite the charge, one that has gotten a poster banned from here for using before. What exactly has Ernst done that qualifies as perverse?

Perverse is a broad term. A politician can have a dystopian worldview, as Ernst does. A dystopian worldview is perverse. Calling something perverse is a commentary on a certain action's morality.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2014, 08:41:40 PM »

Perverse is a broad term. A politician can have a dystopian worldview, as Ernst does. A dystopian worldview is perverse. Calling something perverse is a commentary on a certain action's morality.

You've reworded the question without answering it. What exactly about her worldview is dystopian or perverse?
KCDem

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2014, 09:05:32 PM »

You've reworded the question without answering it. What exactly about her worldview is dystopian or perverse?

She has the temperament and depth of understanding of Sarah Palin grafted onto the ideology of Ted Cruz, what more can be said?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2014, 12:59:56 PM »

She has the temperament and depth of understanding of Sarah Palin grafted onto the ideology of Ted Cruz, what more can be said?

specific policies.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2014, 03:32:22 PM »

I think it is funny how the left calls people names and degrade people for having different views then them... I thought y'all were suppose to be so tolerant ones..
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2014, 05:02:51 PM »

I think it is funny how the left calls people names and degrade people for having different views then them... I thought y'all were suppose to be so tolerant ones..

To be fair, you are judging all leftists based on the posts of one KCDem
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2014, 05:17:05 PM »

Yeah. As someone who frequents RRH daily, there's a lot of that coming from the other side, too. Anyways, making blanket statements is silly regardless.
KCDem

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2014, 07:05:24 PM »

If their views are despicable, then I will call you out on them. It's not hard to understand. Life isn't objective.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2014, 07:35:28 PM »

If their views are despicable, then I will call you out on them. It's not hard to understand. Life isn't objective.

But who says your views on things are right? Because what is despicable to you may be very different than someone else.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2014, 07:37:03 PM »

You are right, it just makes me upset that one will call another person names because of the way they believe.
KCDem

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2014, 07:44:15 PM »

But who says your views on things are right? Because what is despicable to you may be very different than someone else.

I never claimed they were. I'm expressing my opinion.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2014, 07:46:30 PM »

I just don't see a republican pickup here. Obama won the state handily in 12.

So?  Obama lost Arkansas and West Virginia in landslides in 2008, but they both sent Democrats back to Washington.  Obama won Maine handily, but it sent a Republican back to Washington with a huge margin.

Politics is still local!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies